Oracle License Management Compliance

772120 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Has anyone experienced license issues- X number of users required per processor
  • 1. Re: Oracle License Management Compliance
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Welcome to the forums !

Pl elaborate on your question, As far as I know, there are no hard requirements for having a number of users per processor.

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Oracle License Management Compliance
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Hi,
    Has anyone experienced license issues- X number of users required per processor
    See this link.

Global Pricing and Licensing
    http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/index.htm

For license questions/queries, you better contact your Oracle Sales representative, he/she is the best one to answer such questions.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: Oracle License Management Compliance
    702493 Newbie
    WOW, What a loaded question!

Short answer is yes - there are tons of "issues", or more so challenges since as we all know, enterprise tech/apps metrics & contracts are complex.

If you need to ask this question then it likely that many more will follow, you should be exploring reaching out to your Oracle Sales or local LMS teams.
    Alternatively, there are many Oracle "License Experts" out there, typically former Oracle employees - be aware of their Agenda though. $ching $ching

Back to your question - not clear if you're talking about pure Oracle DB Licensing (minimum users per processor applies to DB EE and it's 25 NUP per Proc Lic) or since you've posted in OD Ebiz then prob not in which case...

****Look at your contract**** (I heard of a contract negotiated way back that was per "Population of the Island") and take the advice from Hussein, read the info avialable from Oracle, then read again, and maybe again etc.

Now for the downright cheeky plug in... I work for a company who have automated the detection and reporting of all of procs and users etc.
    www.iquate.com

ChrisS

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points