9 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2010 1:03 AM by 769627 RSS

STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG

user12100209
      Hello, masters

I have configured an standby DB and everything has gone well. As I have in my source database three groups of redologs, before I created the capture process I add four groups of standby redolog in the standby database. That is, one more than the number of online redolog present in my source database.

But sometime, when I do the following query:

SELECT ARCHIVED, STATUS FROM V$STANDBY_LOG;

It returns the following for all the standby redolog groups

ARCHIVED      STATUS
      NO ACTIVE

When I look in the alert file I found this message

ORA-16014: log 5 sequence# 6980 not archived, no available destinations

And the trace file:

DDE: Problem Key 'ORA 312' was flood controlled (0x1) (no incident)
      ORA-00312: online log 5 thread 1: '+BD4/stra/onlinelog/group_5.271.712605279'
      ORA-00312: online log 5 thread 1: '+BD3/stra/onlinelog/group_5.261.712605279'
      *** 2010-05-09 06:48:24.805 11367 kcrr.c
      Impossible archival state:10

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
          Hi,

The issue seems to be due to standby redo logs are multiplexed.
          Delete the second member of each standby redo log group and clear all standby redo log groups on standby and then see whether you get the same error.

Regards
          Anudeep
          • 2. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
            Thank you, Anudeep

I did what you said me and I have not problems, I will monitoring in future and tell you. But I have one more question about that.

Could you, please, explain me what is the problems when the standby redolog are multiplexed ?

Thanks in advance.
            • 3. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
              Hi

When standby redo logs are multiplexed then they are lot of issues in the redo transport and also one member of standby redo logs got corrupted/inconsistence which further causes issues.

This recommendation was also as per best practices given in following document:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/MAA_WP_10gR2_DataGuardNetworkBestPractices.pdf

Regards
              Anudeep
              • 4. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
                Thank you one more time Anudeep, all your answers are very useful for me.

Maybe I see you soon, jeje. I am beginning with Oracle because I begun to work since 3 months last.

One more question. Do you work to with Oracle Streams ?
                • 5. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
                  Hi,

You are welcome.
                  Sorry I donot work much on streams.

Regards
                  Anudeep
                  • 6. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
                    Hi Anudeep

As I said I will continuos monitoring my enviroment after drop one member of each standby redolog group and for some time everything was ok.
                    But yesterday I notice the problem again. Then I notice that the max number of archiver process in my source database is set to 30 however there are just 4 in my downstream database. I do not know if this is the problem or maybe is another thing.

Thanks in advance. I wait for your answer.
                    • 7. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
                      Hi,

Problem can be due to different reason.
                      Number of archive processes does not seems to be issue here.

Regards
                      Anudeep
                      • 8. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
                        Do you have, please any idea? In the alert log i can see to messages like:

kcrrvslf: inactive RFS archival for log 4 thread 1 sequence 9362
                        kcrrvslf: inactive RFS archival for log 5 thread 1 sequence 9361
                        kcrrvslf: inactive RFS archival for log 6 thread 1 sequence 9359

and

ORA-16038: cannot archival log 5 sequence number 9361
                        ORA-00001:unique constrain (.)

Thanks and excuse me.
                        • 9. Re: STATUS of STANDBY REDOLOG
                          Hi,

Not much idea on this, better if you can open a ticket with the oracle support.

You can also try restarting the database and see whether issue reproduces.

Regards
                          Anudeep