4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2010 9:47 AM by Prateek Mohan RSS

Modified Date as dInDate during checkin into UCM

Prateek Mohan
      Hi UCM Experts,

Is there a way I can map Windows "Modified Date" for a file to dInDate in UCM during checkin?

Currently it takes the present date as dInDate, when you checkin using web-interface or DIS.
      Is that normal behaviour or else if it is a bug, is anyone aware of any patches?

Regards,
      Prateek
        • 1. Re: Modified Date as dInDate during checkin into UCM
          webmonkeymagic
          No, it is normal behaviour. The date is supposed to represent when it is entered into the system, not the file creation or modification date.

Create your own metadata field for the file date.
          • 2. Re: Modified Date as dInDate during checkin into UCM
            Prateek Mohan
            Thanks for that.
            Even if I create a custom metadata, is there a way to capture the "Modified Date" for the file from http request at UCM checkin filter?
            Can anyone provide pointers in terms of some sample code?

Regards,
            Prateek
            • 3. Re: Modified Date as dInDate during checkin into UCM
              webmonkeymagic
              My apologies, I misunderstood your question. Using the dInDate is possible but not ideal because you can't use a date that is prior to the latest revision's date; you might run into this complication. As for substituting the file's modified date, I imagine there is some function in the Java universe that could read the file's timestamp.
              • 4. Re: Modified Date as dInDate during checkin into UCM
                Prateek Mohan
                It's totally fine mate. May be I should re-phrase my question:

- Is there a way to capture the binary file object passed as primary file, in UCM's java checkin filter? If yes, how?

The user copies a bulk of documents to a DIS folder. The user identifies his current working files more by their last modified date.
                Hence, once the files are copied into DIS folder, all dates are lost.

Our problem is mainly during bulk upload using folders (DIS). The time of copy operation is taken as dInDate, being the default behavior of UCM.
                We wish to override this if there is a way to capture the date during upload + if the Modified date in file object is passed as it is, from source location.

I hope some Java/HTTP guru should be able to help me with this! :)

Regards,
                Prateek