10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 1:02 PM by Wim VN

Indexer Not working

V07
      Hi All,

I installed UCM 10gR3...Installed perfectly , But Indexer is not working fine.
      Automatic Update Cyecle is working fine.Collection Rebuild Cycle is not working. Its shoing error message like Indexing aborted at 5/18/10 12:47 PM.Unable to index metadata only.This may indicate the collection is damaged. Indexing aborted.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Regards,
      Vijay T
        • 1. Re: Indexer Not working
          Srinath Menon-Oracle
          Hi Vijay ,

Can you post the activeindex.hda content in this post which resides under <cs home>/search directory.

Thanks
          Srinath
          • 2. Re: Indexer Not working
            V07
            Hi Srinath,

Thanks for u r replay,

Activeindex.hda file contains below data,Please check and let me know the problem.

<?hda version="10.1.3.5.1 (100325)" jcharset=UTF8 encoding=utf-8?>
            @Properties LocalData
            blFieldTypes=
            ActiveIndex=index2
            blDateFormat=M/d/yy {h:mm[:ss] {aa}[zzz]}!mAM,PM!tAsia/Calcutta
            @end
            @ResultSet SearchCollections
            sCollectionID
            sDescription
            sVerityLocale
            sProfile
            sLocation
            sFlag
            sUrlScript
            idc
            !csSearchDefaultSearchCollection
            English-US
            local
            index2
            enabled
            <$URL$>
            @end

Regards,
            Vijay T
            • 3. Re: Indexer Not working
              Srinath Menon-Oracle
              Hi

Is your content server running DB Fulltext search engine or Oracle Text search ? If that is the case then go through Note :748186.1 which outlines the steps to get around the issue . Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
              Srinath
              • 4. Re: Indexer Not working
                V07
                Hi Srinath,

I done the changes according to Note :748186.1, Now its working fine.

Thanks alot.

Regards,
                Vijay T
                • 5. Re: Indexer Not working
                  Hi,

i have made changes while working in archiving, i have exported all the contents into archive folder. and i again was trying for import the same content to ucm...

while after doing this, all the imported files were stored at contenent management -> work in progress. All the content are in still done status.

even when i am trying to checkin new content, that file also in done status. its not yet releasing the content.?

what i have to do now ??

please help me out ?

how to indexing the docs properly for publishing the docs ?
                  • 6. Re: Indexer Not working
                    hi,

while i am trying to open repository manager the following error i am facing ...
                    Content Server Request Failed
                    Unable to execute service DOC_INFO and function QdocInfo.
                    (System Error: Unable to create result set for query 'QdocInfo(SELECT/*+ USE_NL (Revisions Documents DocMeta) LEADING(Revisions)INDEX (Revisions PK_Revisions)*/ Revisions.*, Documents.*, DocMeta.*
                    FROM Revisions, Documents, DocMeta
                    WHERE Revisions.dID=359 AND Revisions.dID=Documents.dID AND DocMeta.dID = Documents.dID
                    AND Revisions.dStatus<>'DELETED' AND Documents.dIsPrimary<>0)'. Io exception: Connection reset)
                    [ Details ]
                    The service stack for this request is
                    --DOC_INFO (dID=359,dDocName=ACRA00000297)
                    intradoc.data.DataException: !csDbUnableToCreateResultSet,QdocInfo(SELECT/*+ USE_NL (Revisions Documents DocMeta) LEADING(Revisions)INDEX (Revisions PK_Revisions)*/ Revisions.*\, Documents.*\, DocMeta.*
                              FROM Revisions\, Documents\, DocMeta
                              WHERE Revisions.dID=359 AND Revisions.dID=Documents.dID AND DocMeta.dID = Documents.dID
                              AND Revisions.dStatus<>'DELETED' AND Documents.dIsPrimary<>0)!$Io exception: Connection reset
                         at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.createResultSet(JdbcWorkspace.java:730)
                         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1358)
                         at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:450)
                         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1191)
                         at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:445)
                         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1111)
                         at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:431)
                         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:632)
                         at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1709)
                         at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:357)
                         at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.run(IdcServerThread.java:195)
                    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:255)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CStatement.java:820)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1049)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CStatement.java:845)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1146)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doScrollExecuteCommon(OracleStatement.java:4098)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doScrollStmtExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:4234)
                         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:1320)
                         at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.createResultSet(JdbcWorkspace.java:704)
                         ... 10 more

i was exporting contents to archive folder again i imported content using test archive , many content were in done status. i have deleted "testarchive " in archive applet. then after any new checkin files not yet relaseing ,even new checkin content also in done state. wht i have to do ? can anybody help me ?

the error showing after archiver activites done, after imported the content i was deleted "testarchive" while all the contents in done states..
                    please find the following error and suggest me , how to resolve for publishing the docs.

Indexing aborted. Error: Directory 'C:/UCM/archives/testacrchive' does not exist. Directory 'C:/UCM/archives/testacrchive' does not exist. [ Details ]
                    An error has occurred. The stack trace below shows more information.

!csIndexerAbortedMsg!syGeneralError!syFileUtilsDirNotFound,C:/UCM/archives/testacrchive!syFileUtilsDirNotFound,C:/UCM/archives/testacrchive
                    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !syGeneralError
                         at intradoc.common.FileUtils.testFileSystem(FileUtils.java:452)
                         at intradoc.server.archive.ArchiveUtils.readFileEx(ArchiveUtils.java:215)
                         at intradoc.server.archive.ArchiveUtils.readFile(ArchiveUtils.java:193)
                         at intradoc.server.archive.ArchiveUtils.readArchiveFile(ArchiveUtils.java:158)
                         at intradoc.server.IndexerReplication.readArchiveProperties(IndexerReplication.java:279)
                         at intradoc.server.IndexerReplication.doReplication(IndexerReplication.java:156)
                         at intradoc.server.IndexerReplication.doWork(IndexerReplication.java:92)
                         at intradoc.indexer.Indexer.doIndexing(Indexer.java:431)
                         at intradoc.indexer.Indexer.buildIndex(Indexer.java:340)
                         at intradoc.server.IndexerMonitor.doIndexing(IndexerMonitor.java:1012)
                         at intradoc.server.IndexerMonitor$4.run(IndexerMonitor.java:832)
                    Caused by: intradoc.common.ServiceException: !syFileUtilsDirNotFound,C:/UCM/archives/testacrchive!syFileUtilsDirNotFound,C:/UCM/archives/testacrchive
                         at intradoc.common.FileUtils.validatePath(FileUtils.java:801)
                         at intradoc.common.FileUtils.validateDirectory(FileUtils.java:781)
                         at intradoc.common.FileUtils.testFileSystem(FileUtils.java:437)
                         ... 10 more
                    • 7. Re: Indexer Not working
                      Srinath Menon-Oracle
                      Hi

Please raise a new Thread for any issues and do not use the Answered threads again since that would inconvenience other users to find out the solutions / suggestions for a question that is resolved .

Thanks
                      Srinath
                      • 8. Re: Indexer Not working
                        user180854
                        hi,

sorry for posting the above thread. but i am seriously facing the error ?

if any possible can you help me out for above theread which i have mentioned for indexing not working for publishing the documents. contents never gets released ?
                        • 9. Re: Indexer Not working
                          user180854
                          sorry for inconvince...but i am seriously facing problem that documents never gets released ?
                          • 10. Re: Indexer Not working
                            Wim VN
                            I agree with Srinath about abusing existing threads.

Other than that: check the provider page through the administration menu. It sounds to me as though the connection to the database is lost. Restarting UCM might be necessary.

Regards
                            Wim