1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 4:20 PM by Naresh sharma

Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error

I am trying to install oracle aia 3.0 on windows xp.I get stuck at the node manager username/password screen.I am able to start soa server using node manager.When i go to the node manager screen i get the following error.
      <I/O error while reading domain directory>
      java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
           at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
           at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:396)
           at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:559)
           at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.getDomainManager(NMServer.java:252)
           at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleDomain(Handler.java:218)
           at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleCommand(Handler.java:108)
           at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.run(Handler.java:70)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Any one faced such issue.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
          I assume you are trying to install AIA on WebLogic Server...

Did you created any domains so far n WebLogic?

Cheers!!
          • 2. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
            Yes i have created soa_domain.My soa server is working fine i am even able to start/stop the soa server from node manager.But when i try to access node manager from the aia installer it gives error either node manager is down or invalid username/password.I even changed the node manager password from admin console>security>general and then tried still i get the same error.

Thanks!!!
            • 3. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
              Marcel Mertin
              Hi,

are there some more exceptions in Nodemanager.log or a notice in aia installation out file?

Greetings
              Marcel
              • 4. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                yes i get the following error in Nodemanager.log file.

<WARNING> <I/O error while reading domain directory>
                java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
                     at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
                     at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:396)
                     at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:559)
                     at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.getDomainManager(NMServer.java:252)
                     at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleDomain(Handler.java:218)
                     at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleCommand(Handler.java:108)
                     at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.run(Handler.java:70)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                • 5. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                  Marcel Mertin
                  OK - this is the same log as in your first post of the topic.

Is there another exception in nodemanager.log or a notice in out file of aia installation. I think installation out file is saved in oraInventory directory.

MAy be this blog entry will help you: http://blogs.oracle.com/aia/2010/05/troubleshoot_your_node_manager_for_aia_foundation_pack_11gr1.html

Regards,
                  Marcel

Edited by: Marcel Mertin on 20.05.2010 09:31
                  • 6. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                    Error in aia install log

LocalMachine
                    Connecting to Node Manager ...
                    <May 19, 2010 1:00:43 PM IST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 3,OU=T-Systems Trust Center,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
                    Either the password and username entered are incorrect or the node manager is down
                    Traceback (innermost last):
                    File "<string>", line 1, in ?
                    File "<iostream>", line 123, in nmConnect
                    File "<iostream>", line 618, in raiseWLSTException
                    WLSTException: Error occured while performing nmConnect : Cannot connect to Node Manager. : I/O error while reading domain directory
                    Use dumpStack() to view the full stacktrace
                    getting root directory
                    D:\fmw11g\user_projects\domains\soa_domain
                    falsevalue for type of install
                    Domain Root: D:\fmw11g\user_projects\domains\soa_domain
                    Line from file set WL_HOME=D:\fmw11g\wlserver_10.3
                    • 7. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                      I smell wrong version of WebLogic here. What version do you use for AIA installation?
                      Maybe WebLogic 10.3.3 is not compatible yet with AIA3.0; maybe.

For example we've had compatibility issues in OEM Grid Control 11g as well.
                      Going to version 10.3.2 solves lots of installation issues with new Oracle 11g products.

Consider also this.

Cheers!!
                      • 8. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                        Thanks I have followed the link.Everything works from weblogic console.It shows the node manager to be reachable.But i get the above error in aia installer.
                        • 9. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                          I am using weblogic version 10.3.2 only

Edited by: user8245578 on May 20, 2010 12:40 AM
                          • 10. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                            Marcel Mertin
                            Hi,

I don't now, if you have access to the private EAP forum, but I think it's open because EAP finished. Somebody has the same error in remote installation, but no solution: Remote Install Failure on AIA3.0

Did you try to perform a remote installation? May be there is a firewall that blocks the connection to Nodemanager. I only perform local installation.
                            • 11. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                              Those two lines are quite clear:

Either the password and username entered are incorrect or the node manager is down

WLSTException: Error occured while performing nmConnect : Cannot connect to Node Manager. : I/O error while reading domain directory

Maybe firewall? closed ports? rights to the 11g home directories?

keep searching!
                              • 12. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                                I'm getting the same issue where the installer keeps asking me for Node Manager username and password. I set the username and password from WebLogic server console (domain name>security>general>advanced) and bounced Node Manager but this did not make any difference.
                                • 13. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                                  Hi,

On the node manager prompt i am getting following error
                                  <Error> <NodeManager> <BEA-300033> <Could not exe
                                  cute command "getVersion" on the node manager. Reason: "Access to domain 'soa_do
                                  main' for user 'weblogic' denied".
                                  • 14. Re: Oracle AIA 3.0 Installation error
                                    Take the '_' out of the domain name.

soa_domain -> soadomain
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next