1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 3:08 PM by sb92075 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
        I'm sorry, you'll need to set the attribute AUTO_DROP => FALSE in order to see it in the query.

SQL> BEGIN
        DBMS_SCHEDULER.CREATE_JOB (
        job_name => 'TESTER',
        job_type => 'executable',
        job_action => '/tmp/tester.sh',
        auto_drop => FALSE,
        enabled => TRUE);
        END;

Please drop the job, create it and then run the query.

Thanks.
        • 16. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
          The error I was getting before was:
          "ORA-27369: job of type EXECUTABLE failed with exit code: No such file or directory"

I realized that my script file was named in lower case and the Job_action was pointing to the file name in ALL CAPS. When I changed the file name I resolved the error.

Then I received this error message:
          "ORA-27369: job of type EXECUTABLE failed with exit code: 255 STANDARD_ERROR="execve: Exec format error""

I was FINALLY able to resolve the error only by making the user, NOBODY, the owner of the script file. I had tried numerous times to run this unsuccessfully by giving the script file 777 rights, but only when I made NOBODY the owner did it finally work.

Can anyone explain why NOBODY must be the owner of the file for it to be able to execute it successfully?
          I have not read that this is a requirement anywhere.

Thanks.
          • 17. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
            sb92075
            Can anyone explain why NOBODY must be the owner of the file for it to be able to execute it successfully?
            Statement above is WRONG.
            Take a look & my previous post in this thread.
            You'll clearly see that my tester.sh script is NOT owned by NOBODY.
            The detached process is owned by OS user NOBODY so therefore OS user NOBODY only needs execute privilege on the script to run it.
            It is simple & normal OS security.
            • 18. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
              Hi,
              Thanks, I was hoping the statement I made was wrong. I'm also hoping you can explain why when the script has 777 rights and is owned by my user ID, it gets the error:
              "ORA-27369: job of type EXECUTABLE failed with exit code: 255 STANDARD_ERROR="execve: Exec format error""
              But when I have the owner = NOBODY, it runs successfully.

NOBODY should have rights to EXECUTE the script, but the above error is stating that it does not.

Checklist:
              1.Script must be executable
              -rwxrwxr-x 1 ldccbc udsdba 780 May 20 08:40 pospay_check_job.sh
              2. Script must start with #!/bin/ksh (done)
              3. Include full path to the script (done)

What else should I check for?
              • 19. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
                sb92075
                What else should I check for?
                Standard OS security; which can be a challenge when dealing with user NOBODY; since most OS will not allow user NOBODY to actually do interactive logon.

OS user NOBODY requires EXECUTE privilege for every directory within fully qualified pathname.
                I place my script in /tmp to simply testing on purpose.
                • 20. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
                  That's the thing that has me wondering if there is something else I'm missing.

The full path: '/devlop/e002/usc/custom/sh/pospay_check_job.sh' has EXECUTE rights given to OTHER in each sub folder.
                  drwxr-xr-x    5 root     system          512 Mar 30 2009  devlop
                  drwxr-xr-x    9 sys      sys             512 Feb 05 09:22 e002
                  drwxrwxr-x    4 applmgr4 udsdba          512 May 11 14:42 usc
                  drwxrwxr-x    5 applmgr4 udsdba          512 May 20 08:57 custom
                  drwxrwxr-x    2 applmgr4 udsdba          512 May 20 09:39 sh
                  -rwxrwxr-x    1 ldccbc   udsdba          780 May 20 08:40 pospay_check_job.sh
                  Based on this, EXECUTE rights are given to OTHER. NOBODY should be able to EXECUTE, right?
                  • 21. Re: DBMS.SCHEDULER.RUN_JOB - ORA-27369 (Enabled = False)
                    sb92075
                    Based on this, EXECUTE rights are given to OTHER. NOBODY should be able to EXECUTE, right?
                    My development philosophy is "First make it work; then make it fancy".
                    So I suggest to debug this mystery & for TESTING only, place a test script in /devlop
                    After it works there move it into /devlop/e002.
                    Proceed likewise at each directory level.
                    If/when is stops working you've isolated the problem area.
                    1 2 Previous Next