12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2010 7:49 AM by Manaf

11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error

Jake Turrell
      I've installed and configured 11.1.2. I can get to Shared Services and Sign in. No issues with EAS. When I go to open Workspace, it opens fine, but after logging in, I get the following error:

Namespace Communication Error

URI: http://win2008app:28080/raframework/browse/dyn

Parse Error, XML Returned:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Draft//EN">
      <HTML>
      <HEAD>
      <TITLE>Error 404--Not Found</TITLE>
      <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="WebLogic Server">
      </HEAD>
      <BODY bgcolor="white">
      <FONT FACE=Helvetica><BR CLEAR=all>
      <TABLE border=0 cellspacing=5><TR><TD><BR CLEAR=all>
      <FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 404--Not Found</H2>
      </FONT></TD></TR>
      </TABLE>
      <TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
      </FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.4.5 404 Not Found</H4>
      </FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.</p><p>If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.</FONT></P>
      </FONT></TD></TR>
      </TABLE>

</BODY>
      </HTML>
      OKHide Details

I've reconfigured just about everything, but can't figure out why I'm getting this error. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      - Jake
        • 1. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
          JohnGoodwin
          Hi Jake,

What port of you connecting to workspace on, have you installed and configured the RA Framework and Oracle HTTP Server, if so you should connect to workspace like previously on port 19000

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
            Jake Turrell
            John,

I had initially deployed using IIS. I went back and deployed using the Oracle HTTP Server.

When I connect to workspace using 19000, the web page comes up with most of the images missing. When the app launches, I get a javascript error error stating:

'application' is undefined
            index.jsp
            Code: 0
            URI: http://win2008App:19000/workspace/index.jsp

If I connect to workspace using 28080, the web page comes up fine, and the app launches fine, but fails on login as I described above.

I've used all of the default ports, and I've installed and configured the RA Framework.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
            - Jake
            • 3. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
              JohnGoodwin
              What I have found with this release is if everything is not done exactly right the first time then it may not work if you try and reconfigure.

This is just my experience, the 2nd install I did some of the assemblies didn't extract fully though I thought they had, workspace wouldn't work so I extracted the files again from another source and reconfigured, still didn't work, ended up uninstalling and then manually removing all the stuff that was left behind from the dodgy uninstaller, installed and configured again and suddenly everything was now fine.

Something might of gone wrong somewhere with your configuration even though it probably says it is successful.
              It is always painful with the first release of software, I have not had much time to look at the install so I can't give you too much help unfortunately. Though it does sound like either there may have been a problem around the framework install/configuration.

Cheers

John
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                Jake Turrell
                Makes sense. If I can't get it running in the next hour or so, I'm going to wipe out my app server and rebuild it from the ground up. I appreciate your help.

- Jake
                • 5. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                  Alp Burak
                  Something fishy is going on in Oracle HTTP server I think. If you try to open the link that is specified in the error message you get with a different port (ie. 28080 or 45000) you'll see them actually working. Somehow they are not properly configured and Oracle http server is not just picking them up.
                  The same thing happened to me like 3-4 times and I ended up wiping the disk out completely and re-installing all the system again and again. This time though, I will give IIS some more chance. Now it's not properly configured. I'll do the configuration and re-configure the everything with IIS. I'll post the update.

Cheers,
                  Alp
                  • 6. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                    JohnGoodwin
                    It's Oracle's ambition to make everything more complicated with each release :)
                    I must admit the configuration of 11.1.2 is much more flakey than previous releases, it definitely feels like a beta this release.

Cheers

John
                    • 7. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                      Alp Burak
                      Ok,
                      After almost a full day of re-configuring, juggling the balls around to make it work and failing and re-doing everything again and again, my final conclusion is that it all boils down to RAFremaworkAgent service which I think is the equivelant of Workspace agent of the previous release. And historically, once anything goes wrong with the thing working on 6800th port, your best bet is to re-install the whole thing. I'm not doing it, thanks.
                      I insisted on trying the 64 bit so far on win2008 x64 R1. I gave up now. I will re-install the 32 bit on win2003 which I think will be more convenient or less troublesome. Yes it's almost a beta for sure but have they just not tried it on their supported environments?

Cheers,
                      Alp
                      • 8. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                        JohnGoodwin
                        I have it running on windows 2008 R1 SP2 x64 so it does work in the end, I went for x64 for memory reasons, this new release is extremely hungry for ram even more than any of the other versions. It does work on win 2003 32bit though so hopefully you have more luck with it in the end.

Cheers

John
                        • 9. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                          Jake Turrell
                          I've got it working now.

I went back and created a couple of brand new virtual machines with 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R1. (one for SQL Server and Essbase and one for all of the other apps) This is a demo/test environment on my laptop. The only difference I can point to between my first attempt and this attempt is that I made fewer mistakes during the configuration, and I waited until the end to configure the web server. This was a suggestion on John's blog - not sure if it's the reason for my ultimate success or not. If you haven't checked out John's blog post on installing 11.1.2, it's VERY helpful.

I did have to make one other change - I couldn't get the EPMA Process Manager to start. I traced the issue back to a message in the Event Viewer. In a nutshell, I had to run the following two bits of SQL against the EPMA database. Once I ran these, it started up without an issue. I would never have known to run these, but it was pretty clear in the event viewer.

ALTER DATABASE EPMA
                          SET ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON

ALTER DATABASE EPMA
                          SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON

So now I can get to Workspace (and sign in without issues). I can navigate to Manage Applications in EPMA, etc. I hate to jinx myself, but everything appears to be working. Tomorrow I'll create a Planning app. If that works, I'm home free . . .

Thanks for the help and moral support John and Alp.

- Jake
                          • 10. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                            JohnGoodwin
                            Great news Jake, glad the blog helped you a little.

Cheers

John
                            • 11. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                              Alp Burak
                              Ok,
                              That encouraged me and luckily I've got one more spare laptop to try this out. I'm half way through the 32 bit installation. I will give this another try on the spare one and will update the status here.

Cheers,
                              Alp
                              • 12. Re: 11.1.2 - Namespace Communication Error
                                Manaf
                                Hi,

Thanks John for your Installtion blog which helps a lot. But while openning workspace with IIS or HTTP, it gave the above error. I have installed on Server 2008 SP2 (32 bit) and 10g as DB as per the spoort matrix. My intension to install planning on prototype which is having 6 gb ram and 160 gb hdd with 2.3 gh. Finally after doing couple of failed installtion, i could not be able to trace where i am missing any installtion prerequiste for Installtion of Web Logic server or Oracle HTTP web tier configuration. I have installed the Oracle Data Access Component which is required for EPMA before configuring the it. It is giving the error of HTTP-404. I have installed weblogic in correct directory mentioned with documentation. Request you to give any suggestions.

Thanks,
                                Manaf Sodagar