This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
It was clear the first time except that now you appear interested in only one table.
What you have not told us is:
1. Your version number (10g is not a version it is a marketing label)
2. The size of the table.
3. The number of transactions per time period.
4. Why you have not considered Control Data Capture or Streams
5. Any business rules
or much else that would help us understand the business requirement.
Thanks for quick reply.
1) The version is 10.2.0.2.0
2) Size is 63mb with 421153 rows.
3) around 100 transactions an hour
4) Even streams require you to declare a DBLINK while setup and I wanted to see if these is something inbuilt in 10g since its the enterprise edition.
5) None, It has to be a read only copy on the other database.
I am trying to find out why they dont want to use dblinks but as of now its prohibited.