5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 9:42 PM by user617249

Planning Refresh error.

user617249
      Hi,

I am facing the below issue while doing a Refresh.
      com.hyperion.planning.olap.EssbaseException: 840299 (1060051)

I added one member to a dimension and tried to Refresh. But once I got the error, I deleted the member what I have added and tried to Refresh and I got the same error.

Please advice, am working on 11.1.1.3 planning on Windows 2003 and Oracle 10g.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Planning Refresh error.
          user617249
          This is what I see in the Planning log.

at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspEssbaseOutlineAPI.EssAddMemberEx(Native Method)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.addChildren(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.addMembers(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.addDimensionsAndMembers(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.buildOutlines(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.run(Unknown Source)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
          java.net.SocketException: socket write error: Connection reset by peer.
               at jrockit.net.SocketNativeIO.writeBytesPinned(Native Method)
               at jrockit.net.SocketNativeIO.socketWrite(SocketNativeIO.java:73)
               at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(SocketOutputStream.java)
               at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
               at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
               at weblogic.utils.io.ChunkedOutputStream.writeTo(ChunkedOutputStream.java:193)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ResponseHeaders.writeHeaders(ResponseHeaders.java:377)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.writeHeaders(ServletResponseImpl.java:1174)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.sendHeaders(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:243)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:108)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.sendRedirect(ServletResponseImpl.java:841)
               at HspValidatingHttpResponse.sendRedirect(Unknown Source)
               at HspEnterData.Handle(Unknown Source)
               at HspEnterData.doPost(Unknown Source)
               at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
               at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
               at HspBusinessRulesTimerFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
               at HspValidationFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3242)
               at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
               at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
               at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
               at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
               at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspEssbaseOutlineAPI.EssAddMemberEx(Native Method)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.addMembers(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.addDimensionsAndMembers(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.buildOutlines(Unknown Source)
               at com.hyperion.planning.olap.HspCubeRefreshTask.run(Unknown Source)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
          • 2. Re: Planning Refresh error.
            JohnGoodwin
            Error 1060051 means that the member already exists, so it looks like something is out of sync.

First I would restart the planning app service just to make sure there is not a caching issue and then try and refresh.
            If you still get the same error I would check in EAS for each database (plan type) and check the member is definitely in the outline, if it is delete the member and refresh again.

Cheers

John
            http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
            • 3. Re: Planning Refresh error.
              user617249
              Thanks John, I restarted the services but I get the same error. I looked in EAS and I verified the outlines. It says Outline verified successfully. Is that what you wanted me to do? Please let me know. I've checked for the member which i tried to add, I dont see that in the Outline.
              • 4. Re: Planning Refresh error.
                JohnGoodwin
                Did you check all the plan types for the member in EAS, did you check aliases as well?
                Also check the member you are trying add is not restricted :- http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/hp_admin/apbs02.html

Cheers

John
                http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
                1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Planning Refresh error.
                  user617249
                  John, finally I fixed it. There was one leaf member marked as Dynamic Calc. I dont know how it happened and it caused a lot of problems. Ironically it was added several weeks back and one who added dint refresh it. So now I got to know that it was the error.

I really appreciate your time and thank you very much. You are really amazing as always.