0 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 4:06 PM by 772593

Deleted adapter will still recieve messages from the hub

Hi!

Short - some background:
      We were to move our application from one database to another, and for backup-reasons, we chose to create a new adapter for the new database.
      I created an adapter which I made subscribe to a few events. I started the adapter it recieved the messages as it should, working fine parallell with the old one. I stopped the adapters, and copied events from the old adapter to the new. No error messages were given.

For other reasons, in the end, we still chose to use the old adapter for the new database, and so we just changed the connect information in the adapter.ini and started the old adapter. Messages are flowing nicely ;)

But.. no to my problem. The new adapter is now not needed, so therefor, I deleted all of the events for the adapter in iStudio, I deleted the adapter in iStudio and then I deleted the specific folder for the adapter, in the adapter folder on the server.

I then stopped all adapters, I stopped the repository, I checked COMPONENT_INFO to see everything was down (and it was), and I deleted the messages in OAI_HUB_QUEUE which had been queing up for the new adapter.

I purged all of the adapter's persistence folders, I restarted the repository and the adapters. So far so fine....

BUT! Now, even though I did all this.. the adapter still shows as a reciever in my select on my hubque:

Select MSG_STATE, trunc ( ENQ_TIMESTAMP ) TIMESTAMP,
      CONSUMER_NAME APPLICATION, count(9) COUNT
      From AQ$OAI_HUB_QUEUE
      Group by MSG_STATE, trunc ( ENQ_TIMESTAMP ), CONSUMER_NAME
      Order by trunc ( ENQ_TIMESTAMP ), APPLICATION, MSG_STATE desc;

I can also see information regarding the adapter in the tables MESSAGEINFOIDTABLE and in APPIDTABLE.

Is it ok to just delete those lines? Anyone have a clue or can tell me where to look or if I did something wrong?

Regards,
      Jen