1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2010 7:35 AM by Fahd.Mirza RSS

ORA-01033 and ORA-12560

Hello,

I have the problem that I can't connect to the database, because of the failures behind the ORA-messages. What can I do? I use Oracle 11g in Cygwin/WinXP.
        • 1. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
          Fahd.Mirza
          If you dont mind, would you please give the OS version?
          • 2. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            What 11g release ? What XP ? How Cygwin is coming to play in the picture ?

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
              Kamran Agayev A.
              user9206958 wrote:
              Hello,

I have the problem that I can't connect to the database, because of the failures behind the ORA-messages. What can I do? I use Oracle 11g in Cygwin/WinXP.
              Have you searched google or forums for the errors you get?
              • 4. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                asifkabirdba
                ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Cause:      An attempt was made to log on while Oracle is being started up or shutdown.

Action:      Wait a few minutes. Then retry the operation.

OR Use

SQL > shutdown abort;

Then startup your database again. Also, you can restart the oracle services from

CONTROL PANEL > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > SERVICES > YOUR SERVICE NAME

Regards
                Asif Kabir
                • 5. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                  Fahd.Mirza
                  ORA-01033 means that your database is either currently attempting to startup or shutdown, so it is not accepting connections.
                  • 6. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                    Yes, I have already researched, but the solution don't work in my case.

I prefer the login over cygwin to the Windows-Server. It's a Windows Server Editor from 2003 with Service Pack 2, not XP? But the oracle database is the windows version.

After my login over the remote desktop I have must to write some words about the reason of the shutdown but I have never made a shutdown. I suppose the system has crashed in the past.
                    • 7. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                      Fahd.Mirza
                      Then on the remote server, try restarting the service of Oracle database?

or at the command prompt try connecting as "/ as sysdba" from sqlplus and try check the status.

regards
                      • 8. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                        I have already tried to log in with "/ as sysdba" but I get ORA-12560. A restart of the services (TNSListener and the other) were not successful. Now I have tried to use the database administrator from oracle (a gui tool) which breaks with the ORA-01507 (database not mounted).
                        • 9. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                          Kamran Agayev A.
                          user9206958 wrote:
                          I have already tried to log in with "/ as sysdba" but I get ORA-12560. A restart of the services (TNSListener and the other) were not successful. Now I have tried to use the database administrator from oracle (a gui tool) which breaks with the ORA-01507 (database not mounted).
                          Could you post the entry of the alert.log file?
                          • 10. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                            Fahd.Mirza
                            Try this:
                            sqlplus /nolog
                            SQL> connect / as sysdba
                            SQL> shutdown abort
                            SQL> startup nomount
                            SQL> alter database mount;
                            SQL> alter database open;
                            • 11. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                              Thanks. Now I can log in as sysdba. I have tried a real shutdown of the services not a restart.

Now I try this:

SQL> connect / as sysdba
                              ConnectÚ.
                              SQL> shutdown abort
                              Instance ORACLE arrÛtÚe.
                              SQL> startup nomount
                              Instance ORACLE lancÚe.
                              SQL> alter database mount;
                              SQL> alter database open;

But the "alter database mount" has an error: ORA-00214.
                              • 12. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                                Fahd.Mirza
                                Please paste the full error. It seems that your control files are inconsistent.

regards
                                • 13. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                                  You are right. They are insonsistent.

Here is one part of the alert.log:

"Mon May 31 12:38:52 2010
                                  ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=ORA; arguments: [F:\ORADATA\CONTROLFILES\HBDEV\CONTROL01.CTL]
                                  ORA-27041: Message 27041 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=ORA
                                  OSD-04002: unable to open file
                                  O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

Mon May 31 12:38:52 2010
                                  ORA-205 signalled during: alter database mount"

Originally the control02.ctl was corrupt. I have copied the cotnrol01.ctl to control02.ctl (in the according directory), but it doesn't work. After that I have edit the init.ora and have deactivated the control02.ctl and control03.ctl. It doesn't work too.
                                  • 14. Re: ORA-01033 and ORA-12560
                                    asifkabirdba
                                    Your corrupted control file is control01.ctl so remove it from your control_files parameter list. Then startup the database. Also, shutdown the database first.

Regards
                                    Asif Kabir
                                    1 2 Previous Next