4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2010 8:22 AM by 669686 RSS

File associated with template definition is not found in database

After completing development, I cleaned up a PeopleSoft XMLP Report Definition... ahem... I removed superfluous Effective Dated Templates. When the project was migrated to a target where the Report Definition already existed, I received the error as in the subject line.

Okay, what should I be looking at to correct my mistake?

I would appreciate any assistance prior to my execution.

TIA
        • 1. Re: File associated with template definition is not found in database
          I guess this happened because the App designer project already had some definitions which you perhaps deleted from application..

I think the best thing to do would be to clean up the project and remove all XMLP related things
          (XMLP file Definitions, XMLP report defn and XML Template defn)..
          then go to insert menu and when you select XML report defn, select the related definitions as well (file/template).
          This will insert all the corresponding defns which you would like to migrate..
          • 2. Re: File associated with template definition is not found in database
            I may not have been clear on that.

I did exactly as you suggested prior to reaching out for assistance. It did not help.

Apparently, when a file associaton is deleted from the source database, it will not delete it the association from the target.

What I need is a SQL statement that will delete the File associations in the target so that I may re-migrate my development project. This would keep everything in sync.

I know one of the tables is PSXMLPTMPLFILEDEF. If I delete the Template file associations in this table, I am able to manually Upload the templete files to the Report Definition. But, the files associations are out of sync and the situation would have to be repeated everytime the report defintiion is migrated.

If I just delete the records in PSXMLPTMPLFILEDEF, a re-migration does not correct the problem.

It appears that I need to remove all remnants of the Template file associations prior in order to synchronize the environments.
            • 3. Re: File associated with template definition is not found in database
              Well, I answered my own question, again.

Migrating a Report Definition does not work as one might expect, at least not this one.

When a template definition with the Report is selected for migration, all effective dated file records are included. The child File Definition objects are the layout file attachments for the Template, i.e. the rtf. The Effective dated row cannot be cherry-picked. Templates may be.

The simple rule to follow is that when selecting a template for migration, migrate ALL file definitions.
              • 4. Re: File associated with template definition is not found in database
                I should be able to give myself the 10 pts.