5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2010 5:56 AM by 589009 RSS

A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated

girish1982
      Hi , While creating the time card getting the error A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated , can you please advise me what could be the problem

Thanks & Regards
      -RG

Edited by: user549459 on Jun 3, 2010 2:10 PM
        • 1. Re: A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated
          user549459 wrote:
          Hi , While creating getting the error A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated , can you please advise me what could be the problem
          While creating WHAT ?

The error message name is "PA_EXP_PJ_TC", i.e. you are hitting some Projects error. Are you sure you wanted to post this query in HRMS forum ? If not please move it to PA.
          • 2. Re: A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated
            girish1982
            Hi , its while creating the time card
            • 3. Re: A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated
              Sorry buddy, I am not an OTL expert.

Hope other gurus would chip in to help our friend.
              • 4. Re: A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated
                user549459,

Error means that user is not supposed to charge to that project and task. This setting is done in projects via transaction control. Use projects responsibility and make sure that user is allowed to charge to that project and task.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                • 5. Re: A project-level expenditure transaction control has been violated
                  In the forms side of the Projects module, you can create Transaction Controls at either the Project or Task Level. These restrict (or allow) specific people or expenditure types to charge to the project or task. In your case, someone has done this at the Project level.

Go into the Projects Module, pull up the project and examine the Transaction Controls to see what has been defined.