This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2010 6:10 AM by 680183 RSS

Not able to Display Barcode in PDF

Ahmed_Sayeed Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus

I created a BIP report where in I am displaying a barcode in place of PO number. I selected 3 0f 9 barcode. I have a sample output and trying to view the preview in PDF. It is not displaying barcode in PDF format. How ever it is displaying the barcode in rtf, explorer etc. Please help me in solving this. Am I missing any setup after installing Font and BI Publisher desktop..

Thanks
Ahmed
  • 1. Re: Not able to Display Barcode in PDF
    BIPuser Guru
    Please take a look at this blog post if you haven't already and see if it helps you;

http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/2006/06/2d_barcodes_cracked.html

Thanks!
  • 2. Re: Not able to Display Barcode in PDF
    747627 Newbie
    Hi Ahmed,

Are you able to see the bar-code in pdf output in rtf layout (not thru concurrent request submission)?

Please check the following steps and see if you have missed one of these set-ups in XML Publisher administrator:

XML Publisher Administrator-->Administration
    Font File--->Give font file name and Browse the bar code (3 of 9 in your case)--->Apply
    Font Mapping-->Mapping Name--->Mapping Code
    Type--->FO to PDF--->Apply
    Open Tab Create Font Maping
    Font Family: Code39-Digits(This name should be exactly the font name which comes in word)
    Style: Normal
    Weight: Normal
    Target Font Type: Truetype
    Continue
    Font : font file name
    Apply
    Go to Template Tab
    Query for your template
    Open Edit Configuration
    Click on FO Processing
    In Font Mapping set :associate your file

Please let me know if you are still unable to view the barcode.

Rgds,
    skaundinya.
  • 3. Re: Not able to Display Barcode in PDF
    KrishnaKumar.RathanRao-Oracle Newbie
    This setup works only from Preview button present in XML Publisher Administrator responsibility but fails from Purchase Order Form > Inquire menu > View Document
  • 4. Re: Not able to Display Barcode in PDF
    778572 Newbie
    you need to have the barcode font installed in your server where it can be accessed by the concurrent manger. its always good to put the font file in fnd_top/bin
  • 5. Re: Not able to Display Barcode in PDF
    680183 Journeyer
    Hi Ahmed,

It could mean (guessing...) your barcode font is part of your Windows fonts (normally under C:\Windows\Fonts) but you do not have the proper config file to reference it (to be used by your PDF output). Set the font under xdo.cfg or XML Admin to be recognized by PDF.

Server config can be done using XML Admin resp (EBS) or similar xdo.cfg file.

http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/2006/06/how_to_install_a_font_using_xm.html
    http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/2007/05/barcoding_101.html

Regards,
    Rownald

Edited by: Rownald Membrere on Jun 11, 2010 9:08 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points