4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 3:51 AM by 724446

TNS Time out

Hi,
      I am getting the following error in my OBI Web

State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 17001] Oracle Error code: 12170, message: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred at OCI call OCIServerAttach. [nQSError: 17014] Could not connect to Oracle database. (HY000)

SQL Issued: SELECT CASE WHEN 1=0 THEN "S&OM - CUSTOMER MASTER".CUSTOMER_TYPE ELSE 'ENDUSER' END FROM "S&OM" UNION SELECT CASE WHEN 0=1 THEN "S&OM - CUSTOMER MASTER".CUSTOMER_TYPE ELSE 'PURCHASER' END FROM "S&OM" UNION SELECT CASE WHEN 1= -1 THEN "S&OM - CUSTOMER MASTER".CUSTOMER_TYPE ELSE 'OEM' END FROM "EPM"

Things i have already done:
      I have login into the online RPD and tried the view the data it gives me the same error
      ORA-12170 -TNS:Connect timeout occured at OCI call OCIServerAttach.
      [nQSError:17014] Could not connect to Oracle database.

I can connect and import the same tables, so i am not able to understand where is the connectivity issue.

Quick help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Amit
        • 1. Re: TNS Time out
          rmoff
          I have login into the online RPD and tried the view the data it gives me the same error
          ORA-12170 -TNS:Connect timeout occured at OCI call OCIServerAttach.
          [nQSError:17014] Could not connect to Oracle database.
          That means that your OBIEE server cannot connect to your database server.

Use tnsping and sqlplus to validate your configuration on the OBIEE server.
          Check that your tnsnames.ora is correct, and check that there are no problems on the database itself.
          • 2. Re: TNS Time out
            Hi,
            I do not know how to do tnsping

i had connected to TOAD and queried it is working fine so no problem with database.

Thanks,
            Amit
            • 3. Re: TNS Time out
              rmoff
              I do not know how to do tnsping
              http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tnsping
              i had connected to TOAD and queried it is working fine so no problem with database.
              sounds like a config problem on your OBIEE server then
              • 4. Re: TNS Time out
                Hi,
                I have done a tnsping from the unix prompt and the result is below:
                tnsping GDWP

TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 15-JUN-2010 22:46:00

Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
                /data/oraclient/client10201/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
                )SERVICE_NAME = gdwp.emrsn.org)T = usstlpmpinfdbxx.xxxx.org)(PORT = 1521))
                OK (5090 msec)

So do i check the config problem in OBIEE server on Linux.

Thanks,
                Amit