3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 8:03 AM by 747405

ASN in oracle inventory?

How can i use ASN (Advanced Shipment Notice) in oracle inventory with oracle Procurement?

I am on 12.0.6

Please advice

Regards
      emm
        • 1. Re: ASN in oracle inventory?
          Hi emm,
          Not sure to understand your question : ASN is to integrate shipments related to the PO sent to the suppliers, and can be integrated via XML Gateway (we're working on a project to integrate somes in 11.5.10.2), but I don't see the link with INV ?

Take care,
          Xavier
          • 2. Re: ASN in oracle inventory?
            Not sure to understand your question : ASN is to integrate shipments related to the PO sent to the suppliers, and can be integrated via XML Gateway (we're working on a project to integrate somes in 11.5.10.2), but I don't see the link with INV ?
            so the supplier has to send ASN right?
            • 3. ASN in oracle inventory ?
              Sure, a shipment notice can only be sent by the supplier.
              In 11i you cannot enter an ASN, it can only be imported (through XML gateway for instance), and then matched against reception, or if the truck has a problem then canceled by a user.

Here is a useful Metalink note on this topic, very clearly explanations about ASN functionality : [ID 601787.1] : Information about Advance Shipment Notices (ASN) Functionality (https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=HOWTO&id=601787.1)

Take care,
              Xavier

Edited by: Xavier_Vlieghe on 24 juin 2010 10:02