3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2010 9:11 AM by makdutakdu

to get direct manager  from pr/po action history

makdutakdu
      hi

i needed a clarification regarding the following as to when a PR is created ie action code =submit upto the action code =approve(which is approved by the direct managerof the person submitting a PR)

similarly for PO (here also once the PO created of the corresponding PR ,again there is PO approved by direct manager or head )

from the action history of pr/po how do we know who is the direct manager of esch user ?
      i wanted to know if it is possible to get the name of the direct manager for each pr/po corresponding to each dept
      eg when a user in IT dept submits a PR then only the IT manager can approve ,i mean it goes to the IT manager for approval not to the HR manager)

so can i get the direct manager for each dept as i need
      PR_approval date( approval by direct manager only) to PO_submit_date(submit by user)--the days involved for a report

kindly help

Edited by: makdutakdu on Jun 24, 2010 9:59 AM

Edited by: makdutakdu on Jun 24, 2010 1:05 PM
        • 1. Re: to get direct manager  from pr/po action history
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Please let us know which approach you follow for req/Po approval. For your business do you maintain a Employee-Supervisor or Positional Hierarchy for PO approval?

Why you want the Direct manager to approve a PO bypassing other people in Approval Hierarchy.. any specific reason. It is again depends how you have defined Approval groups of your organization.

From Action History of PO/PR you won't get who is the final or direct manager. Action History will provide the list of people who has already in the approval process and action taken in sequence.

//S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: to get direct manager  from pr/po action history
            makdutakdu
            hi
            Please let us know which approach you follow for req/Po approval. For your business do you maintain a Employee-Supervisor or Positional Hierarchy for PO approval?
            approach for PR 
            PO NAP Super User-Set Up-Personnel-Position Hierarchy
            in that form  Name   Purchase Request H 01-01-2010

Position Inventory Controller-1143
            Holder Sudheer
            Worker Type Employee

Subordinates                                            Name                     emp_num            No
            Administration Manager-1151                               Ali                       398             4
            Assistant Store Keeper-1143                               Sadashiva                 614             0
            Commercial Manager-1501                                   Jeyakumar                  121            5
            Finance & IT Manager-1141                                   Vish                    36              5
            Head - Environmental Services (Lab&AAQM)-1401             derrick                   247             0
            Human Resources Officer - 1131
            Manager - Operations - 1292                                raj                       69             37
            Managing Director - 1111                                  kha                        354            10
            Sales & Marketing Manager - 1601                          kir                        471             0
            Senior Store Keeper - 1143                               moh                         120             0
            Team Leader - QHSE - 1121                                 thaj                       320             2
            Technical Manager - Cementing - 1293                      edg                         104            2
            Technical Manager - Stimulation - 1293                    chet                         70             0
            for Po 
            Po Hierrchy 01-jan-2008

Name Managing Director
            Why you want the Direct manager to approve a PO bypassing other people in Approval Hierarchy.. any specific reason. It is again depends how you have defined Approval groups of your organization
            i need direct manager because in PR after manager approval the inventory person sudheer also approves 
            the client wants to calculate the days from manager approval(not sudheer approval) to Po submit by user
            kindly help

Edited by: makdutakdu on Jun 24, 2010 11:06 AM

Edited by: makdutakdu on Jun 24, 2010 11:08 AM

Edited by: makdutakdu on Jun 24, 2010 11:13 AM
            • 3. Re: to get direct manager  from pr/po action history
              makdutakdu
              hi

i confirmed with a functional person that such a requirement is not possible in all cases

thanks