14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 2:04 PM by LarryR

HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!

LarryR
      FDM 9.3.1 to HFM 9.3.1. FDM is single server, non-clustered, HFM is a cluster of two servers. 40 or 50 users loading almost daily from all over the world. Some of my users get this message some of the time during the load to HFM in the FDM Export phase. I haven't found the common thread yet. Different users, different POVs, loading at different times of the day, to either HFM server.

The 'Analysis' \ 'Log' --->'Adapter: Load' ---> 'Error Info' column is blank, but the 'IO Source' column is also always blank when a file fails to load to HFM. Following is the complete error message that appears in the Outbox\Logs user error log each time. Any help is much appreciated:

** Begin HFM Adapter Runtime Error Log Entry [2010-07-01-08:07:22] **
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      ERROR:
      Code............ -2147199295
      Description..... <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <EStr><Ref>{40E4A98C-C153-4269-AE24-FEC5BC9E074E}</Ref><User>USERNAME@DOMAIN</User><DBUpdate>1</DBUpdate><ESec><Num>-2147199295</Num><Type>1</Type><DTime>7/1/2010 8:07:22 AM</DTime><Svr>FDMSERVER</Svr><File>CHsvcDataLoad.cpp</File><Line>1135</Line><Ver>9.3.1.0.1502</Ver></ESec></EStr>

Procedure....... clsHPDataManipulation.fDBLoad
      Component....... upsFM9xG4A
      Version......... 200
      Thread.......... 1284

IDENTIFICATION:
      User............ USERNAME
      Computer Name... FDMSERVER

FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONNECTION:
      App Name........ HFMAPP
      Cluster Name.... HFM
      Domain….........
      Connect Status.... Connection Open

** Begin FDM Runtime Error Log Entry [2010-07-01-08:07:33] **
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      ERROR:
      Code......................................... 4117
      Description.................................. Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
      \\FDMSERVER\FDMDATA\FDMAPP\Data\79379.ua2
      Procedure.................................... clsAppServer.fFileGetStream
      Component.................................... upsAppSv
      Version...................................... 931
      Thread....................................... 3396

IDENTIFICATION:
      User......................................... USERNAME
      Computer Name................................ FDMSERVER
      App Name..................................... FDMAPP
      Client App................................... WebClient

CONNECTION:
      Provider..................................... SQLOLEDB
      Data Server.................................. DBSERVER
      Database Name................................ ups_fdmapp
      Trusted Connect.............................. False
      Connect Status.. Connection Open

GLOBALS:
      Location..................................... ADUB_F2
      Location ID.................................. 887
      Location Seg................................. 23
      Category..................................... Actual
      Category ID.................................. 12
      Period....................................... M02 - FY11
      Period ID.................................... 6/30/2010
      POV Local.................................... True
      Language..................................... 1033
      User Level................................... 7
      All Partitions............................... False
      Is Auditor................................... False
        • 1. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
          JeffJon
          Does the .ua2 file actually get created? The error code -2147199295 from HFM represents: "Can't Open the Load File", so it's attempting to open the .ua2 file and either it does not exist or does not have permission to open the file.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
            Hello,

You could be hitting a "Nested FolderStructure" issue. I remember having something similar to the issue.
            Please make sure outside of the ServerName that your "SharedFolder" and "AppName" are unique and are not similar.

So an example would be:
            \\FDMServer\FDMData\App1
            \\FDMServer\FDMData\Consol

Where App1/Consol were was the software created when you created the app.

\\FDMServer\FDMData\FDMApp consitutes as a nested structure because they all start with FDM

Thank you,
            • 3. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
              LarryR
              Thanks for the info on the HFM error code! Is there a document that contains all of the HFM error codes? I haven't been able to find it, and it would be VERY useful to have.

The .ua2 file is never created. However, the corresponding .ua1 file IS created. Most FDM loads to HFM succeed, but one out of every seven or so loads fail. The same user will fail with the .ua2 error, then usually load successfully by executing the Export a second time immediately (or just a few minutes) after the failed attempt. The same user will fail once, then succeed on the next attempt. A user will fail to load to one of our two clustered HFM servers, then load successfully when the next attempt loads to the same HFM server. There must be a common thread with these failures , but I don't know what other variables to look at.

Thanks again for your input!
              • 4. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                TonyScalese
                Larry,

There is no document that I am aware of but Chris Barbieri (http://forums.oracle.com/forums/profile.jspa?userID=758152) recently delivered a presentation at ODTUG about how to read HFM errors. You may want to check out our website (http://ranzal.com/news.htm#Webinars) as I'm pretty sure he also did a webinar on this same topic.

For the intermittent errors that you are seeing, have you checked the event log on both HFM app servers? I wonder if this is potentially a DCOM issue.
                • 5. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                  LarryR
                  Hello and thanks for the info!

Sorry, I should have indicated that our servers, apps , and users aren't named as I indicated in my original post. My company has strict policies against openly posting actual data or the names of the components of our info systems architecture, so I edited the actual error message and gave generic names to the servers, apps, and users. The levels of the real folder structure do not contain similar names.

Thanks again for the reply and please let me know if there is any other information that would help to get to the bottom of this.
                  • 6. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                    LarryR
                    Tony,

I searched the HsvEventLog.log files on both of our HFM servers for lines containing the name of the last user that failed to load to HFM via FDM. What I found was that every time there was an entry for a successful load, the server indicated in the entry was one of the HFM servers in our cluster. On the other hand, when a load failed with the -2147199295 error, the server indicated in the log entry was alwaysthe FDM server for this user and all users. It almost looks like our FDM server is registered as a server in our HFM cluster. Examples of the Event Log entries follow, with actual server, app, and user names replaced by generic names to protect the guilty.

Successful load:

[54014]<EStr><Ref>{5699CB0C-DD34-44B7-A586-5CDF423F7B9F}</Ref><User>USER@DOMAIN</User><DBUpdate>1</DBUpdate><ESec><Num>269441</Num><Type>1</Type><DTime>2/4/2009 9:01:22 AM</DTime><Svr>HFMAPPSVR1</Svr><File>CHsvDSCalculate.cpp</File><Line>10142</Line><Ver>9.3.1.0.2042</Ver></ESec><ESec><Num>269442</Num><Type>1</Type><DTime>2/4/2009 9:01:25 AM</DTime><Svr>HFMAPPSVR1</Svr><File>CHsvDSCalculate.cpp</File><Line>10556</Line><Ver>9.3.1.0.2042</Ver></ESec></EStr>

Failed load:

[8161351]<EStr><Ref>{40E4A98C-C153-4269-AE24-FEC5BC9E074E}</Ref><User>USER@DOMAIN</User><DBUpdate>1</DBUpdate><ESec><Num>-2147199295</Num><Type>1</Type><DTime>7/1/2010 8:07:22 AM</DTime><Svr>FDMAPPSVR</Svr><File>CHsvcDataLoad.cpp</File><Line>1135</Line><Ver>9.3.1.0.1502</Ver></ESec></EStr>

Does this confirm your thoughts on a DCOM issue? We have HFM server and client installed on our FDM server, which is stand alone and not clustered. However, I don't see the FDM server registered in the cluster on any server. Please let me know if you need any further info.
                    • 7. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                      JeffJon
                      Please perform the following on the FDM server and reboot as instructed:

1. Select Start > Run, type regedit, and click OK.
                      2. Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Rpc
                      3. Select Edit > New, and select DWORD Value.
                      4. Enter Server2003NegotiateDisable for the new DWORD Value.
                      5. Right-click Server2003NegotiateDisable and click Modify.
                      6. In the Value Data dialog box, type 1, and click OK.
                      Note: This setting disables the bind time negotiation and multiple transfer syntax negotiation.
                      7. Exit the Registry Editor. Restart the Windows Server 2003-based computer.

This should fix any random "Access Denied" messages within HFM.
                      • 8. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                        TonyScalese
                        In addition to this fix (which is correct), please make sure that on the FDM server, you have registered each HFM server as well as the HFM cluster. This is done easily through the HFM clinet. Click Login and then click the elipse button. Select single server only and then enter the name of the HFM server and click register. Repeat for the 2nd server. Then change the radio button to cluster and enter the name of either of the hfm servers and click register. The cluster name should appear when you do this.
                        • 9. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                          LarryR
                          Tony, I unregistered the servers and cluster on the FDM server, then attempted to register them again. I was able to register both servers, but not the cluster itself. The error message is 'Unable to register the specified cluster.'
                          • 10. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                            TonyScalese
                            Did you apply the change that user735469 suggested? Did you check the server configuration on each HFM app server? Make sure the cluster includes both app servers. Also when registering the cluster, make sure you are using the server name & not the cluster name.
                            • 11. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                              LarryR
                              Applied the registry change, verified the cluster config on all servers, and rebooted the HFM servers, FDM server, and database server. We're still getting the intermittent ua2 error message.
                              • 12. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                                JeffJon
                                At this stage I would suggest opening a service request with FDM Support to identify your configuration and validate it. At this stage it appears that things are configured properly, so a further analysis would need to be performed by the support group.
                                • 13. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                                  LarryR
                                  We have both HFM client and HFM server installed on our FDM server. The HFM Service itself was shut down, but the DME Listener service was left in start mode. When the DME Listener service was stopped, the errors stopped.
                                  • 14. Re: HFM Load Err -2147199295; Stream Failed, Invalid file path provided!
                                    LarryR
                                    We have HFM Client installed on our FDM server, as required for FDM Server installation. However, for extended application development purposes, we also installed HFM Server on the same FDM server. However, since our FDM server does not function as an HFM Server, we were able to shut down the Hyperion S9 Financial Management DME Listener Service. We have not seen these errors since.