5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2010 12:00 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Fresh R12.1.1 failed on apps node.

Hi,

I am installing R12.1.1 Vision instance, which is multi-node installation. And the OS is RHEL 5.3 64-bit.

Node -1 contains Database, Node -2 contains Apps.

DB node installed without any issues, when it comes to Apps node its failed.

I have gone through the install log file, it shows "autoconfig completed with errors". Also at end of the log file the below error messages are there.

RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      Help Page

RW-50015: Error: - Help Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      Virtual Directory

RW-50015: Error: - Http Server Virtual Directories is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      JSP
      RW-50015: Error: - JSP is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      Login Page

RW-50015: Error: - Login Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

I have verified AutoConfig logfile, it shows the below lines,

[CVM Error Report]
      The following report lists errors encountered during CVM Phase
      <filename> <return code where appropriate>
      /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adgentns.pl 2

No of scripts failed in CVM phase: 1

[AutoConfig Error Report]
      The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
      phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
      The report format is:
      <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[SETUP PHASE]
      AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
      Directory: /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install
      adgendbc.sh INSTE8_SETUP 1
      afcpnode.sh INSTE8_SETUP 139
      afgcsreg.sh INSTE8_SETUP 139
      txkWfClone.sh INSTALL_SETUP 139

AutoConfig is exiting with status 4

In the first phase, adgentns.pl has failed, so I tried to executed it manually, that script failed with Segmentation fault as shown below,

SQLPLUS Executable : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Fri Jul 2 04:44:35 2010

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Unable to generate listener.ora from database
      Using default listener.ora file

.end std out.
      /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sh: line 154: 10324 Done { echo $USERNAME; echo $PASSWORD; }
      10325 Segmentation fault | sqlplus /nolog @/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sql

.end err out.

Error while generating listener.ora.

StackTrace:
      java.lang.Exception: Error while generating listener.ora.
      at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.NetServiceHandler.generateMiddleTierListener(NetServiceHandler.java:2496)
      at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.NetServiceHandler.processNode(NetServiceHandler.java:2270)
      at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.NetServiceHandler.main(NetServiceHandler.java:2979)

Closing connection
      Connection Closed

Any ideas in this please help me out....

Thanks,
      Sreenivas.
        • 1. Re: Fresh R12.1.1 failed on apps node.
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Sreenivas,

Please verify that you are able to connect to the database remotely with no issues.
          The following report lists errors encountered during CVM Phase
          <filename> <return code where appropriate>
          /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adgentns.pl 2
          Search AutoConfig log file for this file, you should find more details about the error around the file name.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Fresh R12.1.1 failed on apps node.
            Able to connect to database from other clients, but not connecting from apps node.

In the AutoConfig log file, this where (adgentns.pl script) the first error occured. I tried to execute /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sh file manually, and it has failed with "Segmentation Fault" as shown below.

10325 Segmentation fault | sqlplus /nolog @/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sql

Any ideas please help me out with this.

Thanks,
            Sreenivas.
            • 3. Re: Fresh R12.1.1 failed on apps node.
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,
              How did you run the script?

Can you post the contents of the script here (if possible)?

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Fresh R12.1.1 failed on apps node.
                Hi Hussein,

I ran the adgentns.pl script, in which internally it is executing the "admk80ln.sh" file, this admk80ln.sh script again calling "/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sql" script. This is where we are getting the "Segment Fault" error.

I ran the scripts in the following order, all scripts have failed with same "Segment Fault" error.

1. perl adgentns.pl contextfile=/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/appl/admin/host-app.xml appspass=******
                2. sh /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/admin/template/admk80ln.sh
                3. sqlplus /nolog @/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sql

The process I am executing the script as shown below:

[oracle@host-app ~]$ cd /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/
                [oracle@host-app bin]$ perl adgentns.pl contextfile=/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/appl/admin/host-app.xml appspass=*****
                ##########################################################################
                Generate Tns Names
                ##########################################################################
                Logfile: /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/log/07060241/NetServiceHandler.log
                Classpath : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/comn/java/lib/appsborg2.zip:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes

Updating s_tnsmode to 'generateTNS'
                UpdateContext exited with status: 0
                AC-50480: Internal error occurred: java.lang.Exception: Error while generating listener.ora.
                Error generating tnsnames.ora from the database, temporary tnsnames.ora will be generated using templates
                Instantiating Tools tnsnames.ora
                Tools tnsnames.ora instantiated
                Web tnsnames.ora instantiated

adgentns.pl exiting with status 2
                ERRORCODE = 2 ERRORCODE_END

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                In the logfile : /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/log/07060241/NetServiceHandler.log, at the below statement it has failed.

source : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/admin/template/admk80ln.sh
                dest : /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sh
                /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sh permissions changed to 700 (unix only)
                Execution of /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sh is given to TimedProcess

admk80ln.sh started at Tue Jul 6 02:41:30 EDT 2010

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2
                ORACLE_SID :
                TWO_TASK : VIS
                PATH : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/comn/util/unzip/unzip::/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/comn/util/unzip/unzip:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/oracle/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/ant/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/ant/bin
                Library Path : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/server:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/cz/12.0.0/bin:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib32:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/server:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/apps/r1211/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/sht/12.0.0/lib

SQLPLUS Executable : /apps/r1211/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Jul 6 02:41:31 2010

Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Unable to generate listener.ora from database
                Using default listener.ora file

.end std out.
                /apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sh: line 154: 22066 Done { echo $USERNAME; echo $PASSWORD; }
                22067 Segmentation fault | sqlplus /nolog @/apps/r1211/VIS/inst/apps/host-app/admin/install/admk80ln.sql

.end err out.

Error while generating listener.ora.

StackTrace:
                java.lang.Exception: Error while generating listener.ora.
                at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.NetServiceHandler.generateMiddleTierListener(NetServiceHandler.java:2496)
                at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.NetServiceHandler.processNode(NetServiceHandler.java:2270)
                at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.NetServiceHandler.main(NetServiceHandler.java:2979)

Closing connection
                Connection Closed

adgentns.pl exiting with status 2
                ERRORCODE = 2 ERRORCODE_END

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I have created listener.ora file manually, using the contents present in admk80ln.sql, the problem is when I tried to connect sqlplus apps/***** from apps node, it is failed with Segmentation fault.

[oracle@host-app ~]$ sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Jul 6 06:08:01 2010

Enter user-name: apps
                Enter password:
                Segmentation fault

oracle@host-app ~]$

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
                Sreenivas.

Edited by: Sreenivas on Jul 6, 2010 4:20 AM

Edited by: Sreenivas on Jul 6, 2010 4:38 AM
                • 5. Re: Fresh R12.1.1 failed on apps node.
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Sreenivas,

Relink sqlplus and check then.

thanks,
                  Hussein