This content has been marked as final. Show 28 replies
Is there more in the log?
what version of the database?
what version of the listener?
An error with little context is hard to diagnose.
Bumping this thread:
I am having the same problem with Apex Listener 1.1 EA running on Oracle 10g XE with Apex 3.2.1. The timezone I am using it CAT or UCT +2. This occurs during listener configuration.
Edited by: timgaulza on 2010/10/25 5:35 AM
Edited by: timgaulza on 2010/10/25 5:44 AM
I have the same issue with the following setup:
Linux Ubuntu Server 10.10
APEX Listener 1.1 EA
Following is some entries from the server.log:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01882: timezone region not found
I'm just wondering if you have tried updating to the current version (1.0.2) of the APEX Listener? It has been released about two months ago and the EA-Versions probably have some bugs that have been fixed in that version.
If that doesn't help, perheps it helps to give your GlassFish your timezone via JVM-option (as described for GlassFish in this [url http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html]document), e.g.
Set this to the same timezone your server is configured for.
If you haven't configured your servers timezone, it might be a good time to do that.
Just found another possible cause for your problem: The timezone data in the JDK you use. There is a updater for this, which is documented here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tzupdater-readme-136440.html
Note that the current version of the APEX Listener requires JDK minimum version 1.6.0_20.
I hope you get the Listener up and running properly.
Edited by: Udo on 30.10.2010 01:31
You are amazing... thank you very much
it is working for me
I'm glad to hear you got it working. Could you post which of the actions you performed to solve the issue? Just in case someone else comes up to this thread it would be nice to know... ;)
Thanks Udo but this appears to make no difference to the CAT timezone, it seems to relate to daylight savings zones mainly.
I have attempted to running the embedded listener 220.127.116.111.08.34, to alleviate any third party interference, with no joy.
I've added -Duser.timezone="+02:00" to my arguments which replaces the CAT timezone but retains the correct zone relative to GMT.
And it works!
That's good news!
Have you tried the other option with the timezone updater tool? Perhaps this fixes the issue with the "named" timezone.
So I'm looking forward to hear if this solution solves the problem for Habib as well.
I'm responding for timgaulza. We did try tzupdater with no luck.
BTW. Udo thanks for the help.
Edited by: Vis Naidu on 12-Nov-2010 17:13
For Ubuntu Server 10.10 I used the following command:
That worked for me.
I had the same problem with sqldeveloper-3.0.04.34-1.noarch in Ubuntu, I edited the config file in /opt/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin/sqldeveloper.conf adding
AddVMOption -Duser.timezone="+05:30" (My time zone)
It worked for me. Thanks for the hint.
I added AddVMOption -Duser.timezone="+01:00" (my timezone) to the sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.conf file and it works. Thanks.
Hi where you have added this..could you explain me clearly