This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 8:26 PM by 834572 RSS

Defining different cost groups for different subinv in the same FIFO org

785689 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Apps Consultants,

Are there any ways to set up/define different Cost groups for different Subinventories which are available within the same FIFO Costing enabled Inventory Organization?

Kindly help me regarding the above query.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Navin
  • 1. Re: Defining different cost groups for different subinv in the same FIFO org
    Karthik Gopaluni Journeyer
    Hi,

I think irrespective of your costing method (standard, average, FIFO,LIFO) we can define CG's at sub inventory level.

You have to create a CG's one for each sub inventory and then create a CG rule for each one
    i.e. each of the CG rule will have its destination subinv EQUAL to the specific sub-inventory.

Did you try this?

Karthik
  • 2. Re: Defining different cost groups for different subinv in the same FIFO org
    785689 Newbie
    Dear Karthik,

When we are defining Subinventories in an Organization, System would default Org's cost group on to Subinventories as 'Default Cost group' and we can't change it as the field is grayed out .

Could you please guide me on how to create Cost Group (CG) rule for each subinventory and assigning the Specific Subinv as its destination subinv for relevant CG rule.

Please explain me in detail with navigation steps.

Waiting for your favourable reply at the earliest.

Thanks,
    Navin.
  • 3. Re: Defining different cost groups for different subinv in the same FIFO org
    Karthik Gopaluni Journeyer
    Hi,

First of all sorry for the very late reply.

These are steps you can try to test a CG based on Sub inven

1) Create a CG (Ex: MAIN) under Cost Super User> Cost Groups with type as INVENTORY and mention all your 5 bucket accounts

2) Create a CG RULE under WMS Super User> WMS Rules with parameters
    Type: Cost Group Assignment
    Name: XXX
    Return Value: MAIN
    Restriction: Destination Subinventory Subinventory Name = Constant character MAIN (this is the same order in which you define in the form

NOTE: You have to use ur subinventory name instead of MAIN in the above example.

3) Create a Strategy under WMS Super USer>WMS Strategies with the parameters
    Type: Cost Group Assignment
    Name: XXXX
    Desc:XXXX
    Rule: XXX which u created before

4) Go to rules WB and look for CG type on the top left corner then enter a Seq 1 and enter ur strategy u just created and save it.

Try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Karthik.
  • 4. Re: Defining different cost groups for different subinv in the same FIFO org
    834572 Newbie
    Hi

Is cost group setup mandatory for WMS setup? If I want to stay with inventory accounting setup, can I just skip CG setup? What is the miniumn I need to do for CG setup? ANy implication (account generation etc.) if I don't configure CG?

Please help me.

Komol

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points