4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 11:39 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

NEW! Oracle VM Template for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTool

Greg Kelly-Oracle
      See the blog posting: Oracle VM Template for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTools 8.50
      http://blogs.oracle.com/peopletools/2010/07/oracle_vm_template_for_peoples_1.html

"... Continuing our delivery of Oracle VM Templates for PeopleSoft we have a new addition to the Oracle VM Templates site, the availability of PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTools 8.50 virtual machines"

We made some changes based on the comments posted here.

Please continue to share your comments and suggestions, thanks.
        • 1. Re: NEW! Oracle VM Template for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTool
          Nicolas.Gasparotto
          Greg,

That's a very good news !
          And yes, according to the documentation several remarks have been taken in account (some I like during the App template first start), thanks for that.

At a first glance on the Peoplesoft OVM PSDB (the database template), there are still few minor issues :
          1) As said earlier for the HCM template, CSS is not able to start (Failed to start CSS
          2) More annoying, the DEFAULT profile for SYSADM and PEOPLE force a password change on the 23rd of August (180 days life, looks like the db has been built on the 24th of Feb). Is it possible to make it unlimited by default in the future template ? The DEFAULT profile was already a problem for HCM template as well. What will happen if template is started after that date ? Probably the appserv won't start without db modification (SYSADM and PEOPLE password life time
          3) As said earlier for the HCM template, the database does not start automatically on server boot even if we choose that option during the first start of the db OVM.

I'll test the App/Batch/PIA sooni and come back.

Thanks again for the effort of implementing more Peoplesoft templates.

Nicolas.

Edited by: N Gasparotto on Aug 3, 2010 10:34 PM
          • 2. Re: NEW! Oracle VM Template for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTool
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            Hello Greg,

I completed the installation of App/Batch/PIA server. Very well done, much appreciated, except posting report, all work fine without touching anything !
            Several issues from HCM9.1 template have been fixed, thanks.

However, I have an issue (most likely not coming from template itself but probably from the Peopletools version - 8.50.09). When I try to enter a text in any lookup field (for instance in the process monitor, field name of process), I immediately receive an error, please see the screenshot linked below :
            http://lh6.ggpht.com/_GAPqu9CUk1k/TGBhJPUVqYI/AAAAAAAABtc/JPkWO7huS4I/s1600-h/PSOVM_PRTL91_PSTOOLS_036%5B3%5D.jpg
            Same on the user role page
            http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GAPqu9CUk1k/TGBjfxucGtI/AAAAAAAABtk/Zni7AYsaGP8/s1600-h/PSOVM_PRTL91_PSTOOLS_031%5B3%5D.jpg
            Unfortunately, I don't have an other env. with same level of Peopletools patch to test it out and did not found anything in My Oracle Support, any idea ?

Regards,

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: NEW! Oracle VM Template for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTool
              Greg Kelly-Oracle
              Hi Nicolas,

It might be an issue with TypeAhead, so
              Go to Working with Personalization Options at

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E15645_01/pt850pbr0/eng/psbooks/tsec/book.htm?File=tsec/htm/tsec17.htm#H4004

Scroll down to
              Understanding Navigation Personalizations

Then to
              TYPEAHD
              Enable auto suggest type ahead on prompt edit boxes. The system performs a prompt lookup as you type, suggesting appropriate values.

The default value is Yes
              Change it to NO

Let me know if that resolves it. I'm having someone take a look at it anyway.

regards
              Greg

Edited by: Greg Kelly (556137) on Aug 9, 2010 3:19 PM
              • 4. Re: NEW! Oracle VM Template for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 9.1 and PeopleTool
                Nicolas.Gasparotto
                Greg,

Thank you for the enlight. It fixed the issue but no more this nice lookup field auto complete.

There are indeed a couple notes relevent for TYPEAHD in My Oracle Support, one of the most relevent (or similar) is maybe 1147744.1. It seems to be a known bug introduced within Peopletools 8.50.07/08. I'm afraid, if this is the same bug, it will be solved in Peopletools 8.51 (according to that note). I think we'll keep our HCM production database on 8.50.06.

Nicolas.