This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2010 12:06 PM by yasir - oracle grc consulting - oracle RSS

Does GRC product has any semantic capabilities?

617912 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have read in a document that GRC has some semantic capabilities. Can anyone point me to the semantic functionality offered in GRC?

Thanks,
Rajesh.
  • 1. Re: Does GRC product has any semantic capabilities?
    yasir - oracle grc consulting - oracle Explorer
    Can you share which document? You're question is not very clear. Oracle has several GRC products, I would like to help but need more information as to which product and functionality.
  • 2. Re: Does GRC product has any semantic capabilities?
    617912 Newbie
    Thanks for the response.

I have found a mentioning of semantic technologies in this pdf: http://me.jtpollock.us/pubs/2008.05.Pollock.STC.2008.pdf. (published in the year 2008).
    And to find out further I have gone through all the manuals at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12515_02/grc/html/docset.html, but i could not find any details on semantic features.

If these features do exist, are they behind the scene and are transparent to the end user?

Thanks,
    Rajesh.
  • 3. Re: Does GRC product has any semantic capabilities?
    yasir - oracle grc consulting - oracle Explorer
    Rajesh,

I had a look through the document you linked. From your document it seems this is built into the architecture. I don't think the documentation available from the product in eDelivery gives too much detail. On page 22 of the presentation you linked it seems the ontology has been used for the adapter framework, context bindings, and policy engine. I'm guessing this is for added flexibility. It seems the presentation was geared more towards the direction of products who will incorporate this rather than what is there now, and I could be wrong about that.

So to answer your question in short, this looks to be in the engine of the product. You may want to open an SR or something to get further details if you need further information.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points