1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 11:01 PM by sb92075 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: ORA-16032 error
        Well, I made my Oracle+SID+Service dependent on the Microsoft iSCSI Intiator Service and the Oracle+home+TNSListener Service and I still get the ORA-16032 error on startup.

I have noticed another probably unrelated problem: the database is not shutting down properly when the server is shut down. I think that this may be due to the ORA_SIDSHUTDOWNTIMEOUT registry key being set too low (at 90 now).
        • 16. Re: ORA-16032 error
          I just changed the reboot schedule for my server and the problem has been fixed. I guess the root cause for my problem is something else, got the db server itself.

Thank you.
          • 17. Re: ORA-16032 error
            Dave Rabone
            Does the account that the Oracle service runs as have permissions on the remote share, or in fact any network permissions at all?

You're failed start may be because the service startup happens with none connected to the server. The subsequent start is OK because you are logged in and the network is "connected" with your permissions, and the service inherits that.
            • 18. Re: ORA-16032 error
              Dave Rabone wrote:
              Does the account that the Oracle service runs as have permissions on the remote share, or in fact any network permissions at all?

You're failed start may be because the service startup happens with none connected to the server. The subsequent start is OK because you are logged in and the network is "connected" with your permissions, and the service inherits that.
              The Log On account for the Oracle Service is the Local System account. That would be the account that starts/stop the Service regardless of which user I'm logged in as, right?
              • 19. Re: ORA-16032 error
                SQL> startup
                ORA-16032: parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 destination string cannot be translated
                ORA-09291: sksachk: invalid device specified for archive destination
                OSD-04018: Unable to access the specified directory or device.
                O/S-Error: (OS 3) The system cannot find the path specified.
                SQL> create pfile from SPFILE='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\dbs/
                spfileXE.ora' ;

File created.

SQL> create pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\dbs/initxe1.ora'
                from s
                2 ^C
                C:\Users\user>sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Wed Dec 12 10:46:45 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: sys as sysdba
                Enter password:
                Connected to an idle instance.

SQL> create pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\dbs/initxe1.ora'
                from
                2 SPFILE='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\dbs/spfileXE.ora' ;

File created.

SQL> startup
                SQL> startup pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\dbs/initxe1.ora
                ';
                SQL> startup pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\dbs/initxe1.ora
                ';
                ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 644468736 bytes
                Fixed Size 1385488 bytes
                Variable Size 268438512 bytes
                Database Buffers 369098752 bytes
                Redo Buffers 5545984 bytes
                Database mounted.
                Database opened.
                SQL>

why I face the problem?
                i give the wrong path for LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 that's why i face this problem
                Now solution:-
                first step I create the pfile the from spfile
                2nd step I open the pfile and edit the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 the location and save the pfile
                3rd step I open it with pfile and fix the problem :-)

from
                Uzzal Basak
                Engineering Trainee
                Sonali Polaris FT Ltd.
                • 20. Re: ORA-16032 error
                  sb92075
                  why do you bother with TWO year old thread?
                  1 2 Previous Next