9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2010 1:44 PM by 827615 RSS

Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64

Hello dears.

I'm planning to install Forms 11g on windows 7 64 bit (installed on intel i7 core CPU 8 cores Processor x64 with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD) and I just got that the new version for this installation should be 11.1.1.3.0 (as per Oracle, this version is only certified for windows 7 with XP mode enabled). Also this version needs 11.1.1.2.0 as pre-requirements.

Anybody can send me any guide or installation manual to install that version will be much appreciated (see notes below)

I have another question: Oracle download mentions sometimes a download file as x86 and another download as x86-64 (as in version 11.1.1.2.0 for windows). Does the latter(x86-64) means that the file with x86-64 can be installed on both x86 and x64 processors? If this ok, so I have the version 11.1.1.2.0 x86-64 ready to be installed.

Note: I have Windows 7 with XP mode enabled.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
          CraigB
          Check out document: E12003-01 - Oracle Fusion Middleware Quick Installation Guide for Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer in the Oracle Forms Documentation web page.

Craig...
          • 2. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
            Sorry .. I read the outlines but nothing mentioned about the 11.1.1.3.0 for windows 7 x64 as it needs specific installation as per above ..
            • 3. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
              CraigB
              Oracle typically won't release a new set of product documentation unless there are significant changes between point releases. I got the impression that you might have access to My Oracle Support. If so, check out Document ID: 854117.41 How to Install Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.1 / 11.1.1.2 Forms and Reports Only. Document ID: 1108940.1 - Availability of Oracle Forms/Reports Builders Version 11g on 64 bit Platforms might be of interest too.

If you don't have access to My Oracle Support, it looks like the only difference in the first document is that you use the "wls1032_generic.jar (for all 64-bit platforms)" to start the Oracle Installer versus the wls1032_win32.exe for 32-bit Windows installation.

Hope this helps,
              Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.

Edited by: CraigB on Jul 30, 2010 1:56 PM
              • 4. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
                Dear,

Well, I tried the generic.jar file with version 10.3.2 for 64 bit and it was installed successfully. When I'm trying to install the 11.1.1.2.0 (x86-64) it comes to a stage during the installation and it sleeps. I left my laptop for 1 hour, and the installation couldn't continue.
                Because of that I think (and other reasons that 11.1.1.2.0 is not certified for windows 7 64-bit) I'm trying to install the 11.1.1.3.0. But if the latter version requires the 11.1.1.2.0 as pre-installation and it's (the 11.1.1.3.0) certified on windows 7 64-bit with XP mode enabled, then I think all the installation should take place with XP mode enabled on my OS and starting by 11.1.1.2.0.

I hope Oracle will describe the full process of installation to remove any ambiguity.

Thanks,
                Joe
                • 5. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
                  Denis Segard-Oracle
                  Hello,

You said :" ..it comes to a stage during the installation and it sleeps.." .

What is this step ? Is it the Domain Creation ?

If yes, there is a known problem on Windows 64 bits system when a directory like "C:\Program Files (x86)\..;" is in the PATH

The solution : set the PATH to a "minimal" value before launching setup.exe :

set PATH=%WINDIR%;%WINDIR%\system32
                  setup.exe

Regards
                  • 6. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
                    Hello Denis,,,

Unfortunately, I got the same problem. When it comes to the creation of the domain, the setup sleeps. :(

Any other idea ?

Thanks,,,
                    Joe
                    • 7. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
                      Hello guys,,,

Any help plz ?

Thanks,,,

Joe
                      • 8. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
                        Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                        Joe,

It sounds like there are several issues.

Our (Oracle) certification for Windows 7 x64 ONLY refers to the 32bit version of the FMw software (see the cert table cell 67F). You should not attempt to install the FMw x64 release, as even if you manage to get it installed, it will not be supported. This means you should be doing the following:

For all installers below, I would recommend starting the installation by right clicking on the executable and selecting "Run as Administrator".  Also, I would recommend disabling Windows UAC prior to beginning the installation.  Turn it back on after the installation if desired.*

*... o Download:*

wls1033_win32.exe

ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip
                        ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_32_disk2_1of1.zip
                        ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_32_disk3_1of1.zip
                        ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_32_disk4_1of1.zip

ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.3.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip

*... o Install:*

Install and configure WLS as prompted.
                        Install, but do NOT configure 11.1.1.2. (Choose the Install Software only option when prompted)
                        Install 11.1.1.3 patch.
                        Run the 11.1.1.3 Configuration Wiz.

See MyOracleSupport Note 1073776.1 for more details.

Also, the installation on Windows 7 (x86 or x64) is only intended for single user use, generally as a design-time environment. It is not intended to be accessed remotely or by more than one user. Windows 7 is not a server platform and Oracle FMw should not be used as such on this platform. Refer to the FMw Certification documentation for more information.
                        • 9. Re: Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64
                          HUGE THANK YOU TO Denis Segard for the helpful tip about the PATH variable. I had been stuck at the "creating domain" stage everytime, no matter what I tried. In the logfiles it would show that it hangs when loading StartUtil64.dll

After a long couple of days working on this, I've finally installed and configured Fusion 11g 11.1.1.3.0 (Forms & Reports) on my laptop in Win7 64bit OS and it is working great... thanks to Denis tip about the PATH environment variable.

Here is a summary of the steps I followed to install all of this on 64 bit windows 7.

it is very similar to the steps Michael Ferrante posted, but for 64 bit windows you must of course use different downloads and you launch the generic wsl installer from the command line with a "java -jar" using a 64 bit JRE.

first step is to have a 64 bit JDK or JRE installed on your computer.

Then you download the wls1033_generic.jar file from Oracle's edelivery site:
                          http://edelivery.oracle.com/

the download file is actually a zip file named V21016-01.zip The zip contains the single jar file.

launch the Weblogic Server Installer for 10.3.3 by typeing
                          java -jar wls1033_generic.jar
                          after the wls has been installed you are ready to install Forms Reports, etc. *After installing wls remember to stop the Node Manager service if you chose to set that up in the wls installer.  It uses the 5556 port and it could cause complications if that service is running when we later get to the final configuration step after the patch has been applied.

Download the 64 bit versions of the four fusion disks for 11.1.1.2

ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip
                          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk2_1of1.zip
                          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk3_1of1.zip
                          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk4_1of1.zip

then run the setup.exe from disk1 after you've expaneded those zips.
                          Do NOT run the configuration step. Only install the 11.1.1.2.0 software

then download the 64 bit version of the 11.1.1.3.0 patch
                          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.3.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip
                          after expanding that zip run the setup.exe

Once you've installed the patch it is time to configure Fusion, create the domain, config forms and reports, etc.

Open a CMD command window. Run it As Administrator.

Set PATH=%WINDIR%;%WINDIR%\System;%WINDIR%\System32

cd C:\oracle\Middleware\Fusion_OracleHome\bin

config.bat

By cleaning up the PATH variable, the config runs smoothly without hanging when it gets to Createing Domain.