I set up a primary database, and a standby database. I created a configuration in the dgmgrl. I set up all the initial parameters in both primary and standby databases. I made sure that there is no lag of any kind. and LogXptMode was "SYNC".
Then I did "switchover to [my standby db name]" in dgmgrl at the primary database site, and
I got the ORA-16664 error and the switchover failed. I received a message,
"Unable to switchover, primary database is still [my primary db name]"
But here is the worst part. When I do "show configuration" I get many errors.
ora-16810: multiple errors or warnings detected for the database in my primary database and
ora-16664: unable to receive the result from a database in my standby database.