This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 12:11 AM by 847167 RSS

How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x

738191 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,
we need use forms pjc connecting to client pc'com port with ebs form,
we can deploy with ias standard form server , but EBS 's appsweb.cfg
was automatically generated by AutoConfig , so i don't know how to config our jar in EBS env.
i had search document in metalink for serval days , can some help us to solve this problem !

thanks for any help...

BR,Nolem
  • 1. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Nolem,

Could you please elaborate more as your requirements are not clear?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    Hi ,Hussein :

We use Oracle Forms Pluggable Java Component to connect Client pc Electronic scales .
    so we use java tech. developing serveral *.jar file , and it's work fine with IAS 10.1.2.3 form service ,
    in IAS 10.1.2.3 , we edit formsweb.cfg to deploy our jar files , but we don't know how
    to deploy in EBS R12.1.x , forsweb.cfg was replace by appsweb.cfg , and appsweb.cfg
    was create by autoconfig In EBS, thanks for any help.

BR,Nolem

Edited by: nolemlin on 2010/8/2 上午 9:45
  • 3. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    789084 Newbie
    Hi all, I am confronted by the same problem.

I have manually added my custom Jar files to the archive=2 section of the appsweb.cfg config file in the $INST_TOP/ora/10.1.2/forms/server and placed the Jar files in the $COMMON_TOP/java/classes/oracle/apps/fnd/jar.

I know that this is probably not the way to go, as autoconfig will override these settings, but my first priority is getting these jar files to run in Apps Forms without errors. I got as far as that my forms don't error out anymore but not all of them are working as they should. I am also trying to deploy the WebUitl utility in EBS R12. As far as I can tell this should be supported by Oracle as it comes as part of a standard Apps Installation (except for the Jacob.jar) it can be found in: $ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil directory and the WEBUTIL_CONFIG reference to the webutil.cfg file can be found in the default.env in the same directory as the appsweb.cfg.

If you want to look at some very good examples of PJC's there is a very good blog: http://forms.pjc.bean.over-blog.com/. You can also look at Francois Degrelle's blog on Read/Write files on the client machine without Webutil.

Nevertheless information on how to deploy and run these PJC's under EBS is scarce. Metalink offers no solutions except very outdated notes.
    I would appreciate to know how to properly deploy these jar files in EBS
    I am also on 12.1.x. Btw there are more threads on this subject on OTN but most are outdated (threadID=1067917, 686329, 4246525) and don't provide the solution for EBS R12.1.x.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 4. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;

Please check below notes:

How to sign a custom jar file in Oracle Applications with jdk 1.3 and below [ID 296375.1]
    How to deploy custom JSP and JAR files for iStore? [ID 468181.1]

Also see belows:
    Bug 7460763: CALLING A 3RD PARTY APPLET APPLICATION WITHIN ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE 10G FORM.
    https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=BUG&id=7460763&productFamily=Oracle

Bug 2820753: AUTOCONFIG CUSTOMIZATION PROBLEM WITH CUSTOM JAR FILES
    https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=BUG&id=2820753&productFamily=Oracle

Regard
    Helios
  • 5. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    Hi ,
    Thanks for your information , we had use PJC for a long time ( form6/9/10) , but it is first time we try to deploy custome jar with EBS R12 ,
    autoconfig will override appsweb.cfg ,that is why i am comfused , and we try to find the correct config method and process it.
    , so ask here (EBS Discussion forum) , anyway , i have log SR on my oracle support for help , will update forum thread share what i get .
    thanks for all your kindly help.

BR,Nolem
  • 6. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    789084 Newbie
    Hi, thanks for the info also. The notes help a bit, but are pretty ancient (interesting bug 2820753) but thats could even be pre 11i.
    @Nolem if you get some info back from your SR, could you please share it?
    The way I understand it, is that we have to adjust the context.xml file and we should be all-right.
    Thanx in advance.
  • 7. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    Oracle support have not response any information for our SR ,
    we had log SR at 03 August 2010 11:14:19 GMT+08:00,
    but no any update since they get the SR .....frustrating....
  • 8. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    Hi ,All :
    Beblow message from My Oracle support ...such Disappointed wih oracle ...
    with ID 741661.1 in My Oracle Support:
    "Additionaly WebUtil can be used but it is meant for R12 only."
    but not same result when we log SR...

============Oracle ODM reply ===================
    Apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately these features are not currently supported and would become customizations to E-Business Suite environment.
    Oracle Support policy does not include assistance in creation or troubleshooting of custom code within Oracle Applications. Customizations involving either the modification of existing code or the calling of API from custom code, could potentially affect the integrity of the Oracle Applications product. Support is not in the position to make recommendations which may affect specific business needs.
    Support analysts may address questions regarding basic functionality, but the charter does not allow Support to assist in debugging custom code. The Applications architecture is very complex and is under proprietary control. Any issues with the standard Application can be directed to the appropriate Applications support team, (i.e. General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, etc.).
    ===============================
  • 9. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    Hi, All :
    Oracle Suppport did not response any useful information to my SR,
    cause they meant it's term as Customize issue , and not include in OCS suport policy .
    1.I had successed to solve autoconfig overwrite appsweb.cfg issue by myself .
    if anyone interested in my config method ,please email to me .
    2.I have some idea for deploy webutil in EBS R12 ,but not implement yet ,
    and will report my testing case here ...

Tks for all your help in thid thread .
  • 10. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    Hi ,all ,
    I had successed to deploy Webutil in EBS R12 , and testing Upload and download file
    successed ,if you interested in it , please email to me !
    my email: nolem_lin@hotmail.com
    BR,Nolem
  • 11. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    slove it by myself ...
  • 12. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC/Webutil)  file in R12.1.x
    738191 Newbie
    add youtube video
    Deploy Webutil to Oracle EBS R12 (Oracle E-Business Suite 12.x)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35crE1ivh10
  • 13. Re: How to deploy custom jar (forms PJC/Webutil)  file in R12.1.x
    847167 Newbie

Dear Nolem,

Could you provide the .doc file referenced in the video.

Your instructions are great, but hard to follow on youtube.

Thank you!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points