1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 5:05 PM by 747821 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
        @AP
        it gives me error when i specified a specific path
        Arguments
        ------------

------------
        SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 1.
        Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
        {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 
        • 16. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
          Are you passing NULL for data_file parameter?. Please do not pass null, instead either pass the same value as you mentioned in the ctl file or delete the parameter from the concurrent program parameter list. Later you can add one.
          • 17. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
            in C/S applications (client/server) the server doesn't access to your local file system.
            what you can do is to upload the file (from your pc to your server) on a specific directory on your server. (as described by AP)
            in a Web application you have another tier (3 tiers): The web tier (browser), the application tier, the database tier, you have the same problem : you must transfer the file where your server has access to (definitively not you client machine).
            • 18. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
              @AP
              same error when i pass the parameter
               Starting concurrent program execution...
              +-----------------------------

Arguments
              ------------
              /oradb02/oracle/PROD/apps/apps_st/appl/gl/12.0.0/bin/test.txt
              ------------
              SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 1.
              Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
              {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 
              ^
              is it necessary to upload text file from server?
              • 19. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                Yes, you should be placing the file in the server path from where your program is trying to read.
                Please ftp the file to the server and test again.
                • 20. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                  sorry but i'm a little bit confused now, could you describe the following:

1) where your datafile is (the full path), indicate if it's on your server or if it's on you local machine or what you want at the end
                  2) show the content of the CTL file
                  3) show exactly which command you are launching and from where
                  • 21. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                    Try using the below ctl and check if that works:
                    load data
                    infile '/oradb02/oracle/PROD/apps/apps_st/appl/gl/12.0.0/bin/test.txt'
                    append
                    into table iil_person
                    FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' optionally enclosed by '"'
                    (
                     num               ,
                     firstname          ,
                     gender_code             ,
                     birth_dttm          ,
                     inactive_date     ,
                     last_name
                    )
                    Edited by: AP on Aug 17, 2010 1:25 AM
                    • 22. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                      @AP
                      it gimme error when i trying to null pass values

@AP
                      the issue is resolve when i create a table and contain two column..

i dont know what's the problem in my previous table :s

well AP .. my task is to read a file from local machine .. i just access oracle apps from local machine or nothing else..

is it possible?
                      • 23. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                        Since you oracle application is running on some other server, you will need to place the text file on the server path.

You can do one thing, create a batch file which will pick the data file from your local machine and ftp the same to the server path, then run your concurrent program.
                        • 24. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                          in an typical C/S architecture you have:
                          the local machine(s) : Client's PC
                          the server nachine : The database server

you said
                          >
                          my task is to read a file from local machine
                          >

it means you want to transfer a local file (_from_ your PC) to the database server and load it.
                          For that you need to put the file on the server (you can use an FTP command or place the file on a network directory accessible (visible if you prefer: this is a "shared" or mounted directory ) to your server.
                          Your server with not access your local PC directly: you need to "upload" the file.

moreover: If you have the sqlloader tool installed locally on your PC (this can be the case): you can launch a command from your PC to call this utility.
                          This utility will create a connection to your server and insert the data.
                          This 2nd solution use some protocols (sql*net) to allow a communication between your client and your server.

but remember: by itself a server will not read your a file on your local file system.

Edited by: user11268895 on Aug 17, 2010 11:02 AM

Edited by: user11268895 on Aug 17, 2010 11:04 AM
                          • 25. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                            @AP
                            but ap how to read batch file from local machine? or y doesnot read text file from local machine?

can u show me the steps how i perform here..

i have oracle application i moved file from database server but i cant move text file/batch file from database server
                            • 26. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                              but how i used FTP command in SQL LOADER?

i want jus simple the end user used oracle application and run a request of sql loader program and gives the path and run the request
                              and then data automatically moves to the table?
                              is it possible? if i'm using FTP command here or any other setup
                              • 27. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                                No you should not move the batch file to oracle applications server.
                                You can keep the batch file in your local machine itself.

What the batch file will do is: Ftp the data file to the database server path.

Once the file is ftped, you can run your concurrent program to load the data in to database table.

Batch file would look something like:
                                ftp <host_name>
                                user username password
                                lcd d:\ -- where your data file exists
                                cd /oraapp2/..../bin -- where you want to ftp the data file
                                ASCII
                                put test.txt test.txt
                                bye
                                PS: Not tested

So when ever you want to ftp the data file from your local machine to server, just make sure your data file is in D:\, then execute the batch file, which will pick the data file from D:\ and ftp to the database server path that you have mentioned in the batch file.

Then you can execute your concurrent program to load the data in to database table.
                                • 28. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                                  you said :
                                  >
                                  but ap how to read batch file from local machine
                                  >

do you mean a command file? (like .bat?) or batch file means the data file (batch data)?

>
                                  I have oracle application i moved file from database server
                                  >
                                  ... to your local PC i presume

>
                                  .. but i cant move text file/batch file from database server
                                  >

you probably mean to your database server

i suggest you:
                                  open a command line window (ms-dos) and type sqlldr (or search for it)
                                  if you have it on your local pc, if you also have the file on your local pc then you'll be able to load the file from your PC ("locally") (cf my previous post)

Edited by: user11268895 on Aug 17, 2010 11:10 AM

REM: If the datafile is still on your server, then you need to connect yourself on the server (with a valid system user: not Oracle DB users) in order to invoke SQL*Loader on this server.
                                  OR call a command (a script for example) that will call it for you but this operation made by the SERVER.
                                  • 29. Re: Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters
                                    @AP and @User

when i open MSDOS and type FTP <host_name> like
                                    FTP 10.103.41.186
                                    and then press enter it gives me error
                                    ftp: connect :Unknown error number
                                    what i do now??
                                    1 2 Previous Next