3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 9:26 AM by 930938 RSS

Adding a named instance target for SQL Server monitoring

Wondering if anyone has successfully added a named instance of SQL Server as a target in GRID.

I've successfully added all of my default instances and have followed the documentation, but notice that there is no way of supplying the instance name in the JDBC URL. The errors I'm getting are:

Failed to contact the target to be added. Following errors were received while testing the connection to the target. Update the properties accordingly, try Test Connection for testing the properties before saving.

WbemRemote_Determination_DynamicProperty - Missing Properties : [iscluster]+
      MSSQLInstance_TestMetric_DynamicProperty - Failed to connect, Network Error. Possible reasons are: Either JDBC URL is wrongly formed or one of its parameters are wrong+
      MSSQL_NumClusterNodes - Failed to connect, Network Error. Possible reasons are: Either JDBC URL is wrongly formed or one of its parameters are wrong
      MSSQLExistence_TestMetric - Missing Properties : [STDINWBEM_HOST,servername_from_jdbc]+
      OSType_TargetHost_DynamicProperty - Missing Properties : [STDINWBEM_HOST]+

All the firewalls are open between my GRID server and the SQL Server, I'm able to monitor the host and the default instance on that Windows server. All credentials are set correctly.

I've done a good amount of googling and searching these forums, no hits yet. Hoping someone can help.

TIA.