4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 10:05 AM by 713555

MOS 407 Proxy Authentication Required

joerg0815
      Hallo everyone,

this is my first post and me english ist not the best, but i need your help.

I Install grid11 and everthink works fine.
      But at the configuration point of EMS i habe a problem.

I go to setup--patching setup.

defined the proxy configuration an press test.

https://updates.oracle.com was tested successfully using the Proxy.

But
      My Oracle Support Credentials Not Set - You have not set the My Oracle Support credentials. Click the left link and supply the missing credentials.
      so i klick apply and go to the credentials.

fill usernam and passwort and klick apply

Error:
      Networking error: Unable to connect to My Oracle Support

i check the
      EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log/emoms.log

[EMUI_13_15_48_/console/pref/mosCredentials] ERROR creds.MOSPrefCredentialsHandler performOneOffLogin.461 - Exception while mosHelper.createMOSState in performOneOffLogin:Unable to get login XML: Cannot establish proxy connection: 407 Proxy Authentication Required

where can be the error.

I try erverythink.
      Proxy settings for System
      for Webbrowser
      for yum
      for OUL

set the proxy in bash_profile
      in wgetrc

reboot a lot and install twice the whole server.

nothing help.
      no i have no idea.

Have you one???

regards
      Jörg
        • 1. Re: MOS 407 Proxy Authentication Required
          EricvdS
          Hi Jörg,

This could be a firewall issue (or proxy definition issue; sorry I am not a expert in this field). Maybe you can check with the firewall administrator if he can look into the firewall logging to see if some request from the Grid Control server are blocked.
          It is best the have a rule that allows all requests from the Grid Control server to the "outside" world, because not just sites like updates.oracle.com and linux.oracle.com are used but also a number of sites you would not expect.

Eric
          • 2. Re: MOS 407 Proxy Authentication Required
            user619095
            This is a bug with OEM-GC11g, in the way that it handles the MOS credentials. It was also a problem ni 10g, until they fixed it. It seems that the proxy setup and the MOS credentials setup are not aware of each other. In other words, you cannot setup/test MOS unless your Proxy is setup, but you cannot setup your Proxy unless your MOS credentials are setup. This was fixed in 10g by including the MOS and the Proxy config info on the SAME screen, and THEN performing the "test". For whatever reason, Oracle decided to split these two settiings in OEMGC11g. My guess is that this can be fixed via manually editing an xml/config file, but this should definitely be addressed with a fix ASAP.
            • 3. Re: MOS 407 Proxy Authentication Required
              joerg0815
              Hi Guies

i have speak with the security network officer. He open the server for the MOS to the proxygateway without authentication.

It is not direktly a fix, but it works fine.

thanks a lot for your answers.

Best Regards
              Joerg
              • 4. Re: MOS 407 Proxy Authentication Required
                FYI: In case anyone else hits this page with the same error, as I did, there is a fix that doesnt require proxy being opened for all. If your network guys wont open the proxy for failover from NTLM to BASIC try this.....

the underlying issue is that the app server stack didnt support NTLM authentication. There is an enhancement request with Oracle but as of yet its not supported. See Oracle note: OCM:Cannot Connect To NTLM Proxy Server [ID 443727.1]

Following that note, I downloaded ntlmaps from here
                http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net/

I downloaded that, the python binaries were required as well from www.python.org

edit the runserver.bat and point the exe at the python install location
                main.py calls server.cfg in the same directory as runserver.bat.
                the configuration changes needed in that are as follows

[GENERAL]

LISTEN_PORT:5865 # this is default

PARENT_PROXY: <whatever your network proxy is>

PARENT_PROXY_PORT:80 # this is default

[NTLM_AUTH]

NT_HOSTNAME: # this can be left blank and it will take the machine at run time

NT_DOMAIN: < your network domain>

USER: <os username>

PASSWORD:xxxxxxxxx

save the config, open DOS and run the nltmaps runserver.bat and then in IE go to network/connections/proxy server and use proxy address 127.0.0.1 and PORT 5865 (from NTLM config file), open grid control, go to setup, patching, enter same details for proxy (127.0.0.1 and 5865) test the proxy for https://updates.oracle.com, enter credentials and it worked

note: Currently runserver.bat is only set to run manually, ie, not from a service. so anytime you want to connect to oracle support from grid control youll need to run the bat file. Also, the network connections will have to have its proxy reset to the osi proxy if you want to work as normal on there with browser connections to the WWW

there is a way to add a bat file as a service in windows ut I got round it by just adding a sched task which tested for the python service and ran it if it wasnt up. then again, you may only need it when checking for updates so it may not be needed until then anyway allthough as you have IE pointed at the NTLMAPS proxy yhou may need it if you want to look at anything external.

Anyhoo, there ye go..