I hope this would be of help to someone stuck with another scenario where in you would get error 'INST-08030' and hence not being able to establish connection for DEV_BIPLATFORM.
I had installed the loop back adapter on my Laptop before initiating 11g installation.(Oracle Business Intelligence: Installing Loopback adapter on Windows)
While configuring the same I had made an entry like - "10:10:10:10 localhost localhost" in the "hosts" file (as recommended in the link).
Use of "localhost" instead of machine name was the root cause of the issue. After changing the "localhost" to my machine name in the hosts file I could get through with the issue.
Hope this helps.
I have the same problem. I have tried EVERY solution offered in this thread and nothing has worked. Using the identical connect strings, username, and password I can connect to the database just fine using a different tool. The users are unlocked. The passwords for both are rcu and still I get the INST-08029 error. I have dropped the users and rebuilt them using the RCU utility. I've gone round and round on this and don't know what to do next. At this point I'll try almost anything to get bast this step in the installer. Using version 126.96.36.199.