This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2010 2:04 PM by 736634 RSS

How to switch between prompts in the same node

751309 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a node which plays a prompt to enter Employee ID, which also collects the user digits. I have a 2 expressions which checks for the validity of the input. When the user doesnot enter anydigits it plays "We didnot enter any digits" and goes back to node where you plays the employee id and get user digits. The requirement is to play a different prompt instead of "Enter Employee ID" prompt but the logic below should be the same. How do I switch between 2 prompts in the same node.
  • 1. Re: How to switch between prompts in the same node
    rschepis Explorer
    You will probably need to put in a variable and then check for the value prior to playing the prompt.

You can use expressions to check the value of your 'flag' variable.
  • 2. Re: How to switch between prompts in the same node
    736634 Newbie
    I would set up a variable before you get to that node, lets call it $EmpID and assign to it the value of the prompt you want to play lets say 12345 which would be the library promptID. It will then play prompt, get digits, and once you validate if it goes through the expression that flags it as invalid, in that node re-declare the variable, but this time give it the value of the new prompt you want to play, then sent it back to the node which will then play the new prompt and collect the digits.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points