hi gurus

iam using three parameters
      1. Host Server: i.e the IP of my machine
      2. From: my mail address
      3 To: my friend address

the error iam getting...

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
      nested exception is:
           javax.mail.SendFailedException: 530 SMTP authentication is required.

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:218)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.tools.SendMail.actionExecute(SendMail.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.function.SnpsFunctionBase.execute(SnpsFunctionBase.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execIntegratedFunction(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSqlS.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSqlS.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandSession.treatCommand(DwgCommandSession.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandBase.execute(DwgCommandBase.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.i(e.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.g.y(g.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.run(e.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help me
      if iam giving the wrong parameters values please help me what values to be inserted.......
        • 1. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
          Ananth
          Hi,
          Host Server: i.e the IP of my machine
          You have to give the mail server Ip address.

Thanks.
          • 2. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
            Sutirtha Roy
            Hi ,

In "-MAILHOST" parameter you need to specify the IP address of the SMTP server , not you machine IP address (unless Mail server is running on your machine )

Thanks,
            Sutirtha
            • 3. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
              thanks newbir but still getting different error
              please help me out

nested exception is:
                   javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 172.17.29.150, port: 25;
              nested exception is:
                   java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execIntegratedFunction(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.i(e.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.g.y(g.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

thanks and regards
              • 4. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
                Ananth
                Hi ,
                javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 172.17.29.150, port: 25;
                Means there is a problem with the smpt host.

Check the host correctly...

Thanks.
                • 5. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
                  thanks newbie,

but this is company SMTP host server. So how can i check it out.
                  please help me out.
                  • 6. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
                    Ananth
                    Hi ,

Ping the host ip in command prompt.

ping 172.17.29.150.

If it is helpful you can award the points to the helpful post :)

Thanks.
                    • 7. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
                      Ask your administrator or help desk , they will give you the SMTP server detail and use that and that should solve your issue .
                      • 8. Re: how to test ODISendMail   tool in package
                        i am able to ping the SMTP server Ip. but still unable to send any mail. getting the following error

nested exception is:
                        javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail1.vnsny.org, port: 25

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.k(e.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.g.A(g.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) .

Are there any other settings to be done from ODI end, except putting the server ip in properties of ODISendMail