1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 10:21 PM by castrogeneris RSS

XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1

suhaibeg
      Hello,

i have installed the Apex 4.0.1 on Oracle 11g R 2 windows 2003 R2.

i installed the apex 4.0.1 using Embendded PL/SQL Gateway method.

after installation when i run in url = http://localhost:8080/pls/apex/apex_admin it pop up one small window which required XDB username & password.

i do not understand what to do to resolve this issue.

i installed the apex by follwoing steps.

please help.

Thanks

---- Apex Installation Steps ---

@apexins SYSAUX SYSAUX TEMP /i/
      @apxchpwd
      @apex_epg_config.sql c:\apex_4.0.1
      ALTER USER ANONYMOUS ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
      EXEC DBMS_XDB.SETHTTPPORT(8080);

DECLARE
      ACL_PATH VARCHAR2(4000);
      ACL_ID RAW(16);
      BEGIN
      -- Look for the ACL currently assigned to '*' and give APEX_040000
      -- the "connect" privilege if APEX_040000 does not have the privilege yet.

SELECT ACL INTO ACL_PATH FROM DBA_NETWORK_ACLS
      WHERE HOST = '*' AND LOWER_PORT IS NULL AND UPPER_PORT IS NULL;

-- Before checking the privilege, ensure that the ACL is valid
      -- (for example, does not contain stale references to dropped users).
      -- If it does, the following exception will be raised:
      --
      -- ORA-44416: Invalid ACL: Unresolved principal 'APEX_040000'
      -- ORA-06512: at "XDB.DBMS_XDBZ", line ...
      --
      SELECT SYS_OP_R2O(extractValue(P.RES, '/Resource/XMLRef')) INTO ACL_ID
      FROM XDB.XDB$ACL A, PATH_VIEW P
      WHERE extractValue(P.RES, '/Resource/XMLRef') = REF(A) AND
      EQUALS_PATH(P.RES, ACL_PATH) = 1;

DBMS_XDBZ.ValidateACL(ACL_ID);
      IF DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.CHECK_PRIVILEGE(ACL_PATH, 'APEX_040000',
      'connect') IS NULL THEN
      DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.ADD_PRIVILEGE(ACL_PATH,
      'APEX_040000', TRUE, 'connect');
      END IF;

EXCEPTION
      -- When no ACL has been assigned to '*'.
      WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
      DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.CREATE_ACL('power_users.xml',
      'ACL that lets power users to connect to everywhere',
      'APEX_040000', TRUE, 'connect');
      DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.ASSIGN_ACL('power_users.xml','*');
      END;
      /

commit;

SELECT par_value FROM ctxsys.ctx_parameters WHERE par_name = 'FILE_ACCESS_ROLE';

CREATE ROLE APEX_URL_DATASTORE_ROLE;

GRANT APEX_URL_DATASTORE_ROLE to APEX_040000;

EXEC ctxsys.ctx_adm.set_parameter('file_access_role', 'APEX_URL_DATASTORE_ROLE');

ALTER SYSTEM SET JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES =1000;

ALTER SYSTEM SET SHARED_SERVERS = 5 SCOPE=BOTH;
        • 1. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
          suhaibeg
          can anyone help me.

Regards,

Suhaib
          • 2. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
            The installation guide says to run the apxconf.sql script. You seem to have only run @apex_epg_config.sql c:\apex_4.0.1

4.4.2.1 Running the apxconf.sql Configuration Script

In a new installation, you configure the embedded PL/SQL gateway by running the configuration script apxconf.sql. Then, you unlock the ANONYMOUS account.
            • 3. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
              suhaibeg
              hi Rob,

can you send me the link of instllation guide where it is mentioned to run this script for Apex 4.0.1. bcz i am searching through the instalation guide. it is not mentiond to run such script.

or send email on thesuhaib@yahoo.com

please help.

Thanks.
              • 4. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                suhaibeg
                Hi Rob,

after applying script apxconf.sql. i m facing same problem. there is no such change.
                • 5. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                  You're correct, I was referring to the 11.2 install guide which is Apex 3.2 - I did see the same file existed in the apex 4.0 directory. I've very recently configured the EPG on 11.2 for Apex 4.0 but I don't know what your issue might be. Can yu actually get through the XDB password prompt to get to the Apex login page??
                  • 6. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                    Can other though the default DAD that the apex_epg_config generates is /apex.

Have you tried http://localhost:8080/apex/ rather than http://localhost:8080/pls/apex/ (with or without the apex_admin). I've just tried your URL on my recent identical install and that comes back with the xdb password prompt too.
                    • 7. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                      suhaibeg
                      Hi Rob

i can access the Login page http://localhost:8080/apex but the http://localhost:8080/pls/apex or http://localhost:8080/apex/apex_admin

having still the pop window issue

note i am using Apex 4.0.1 not Apex 4.0.

anyways thanks for your reply.

please suggest anything so that i can go trhough from it.

Regards,

Suhaib
                      • 8. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                        unlock the account ANONYMOUS and that brings up the APEX page at the http port that you configured.
                        • 9. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                          When did you define the /pls/apex DAD?

What do you get back when running this? and what doesn't work properly when you use the /apex login?
                          SQL> set serveroutput on
                          SQL> declare dad_list dbms_epg.varchar2_table;
                          2 begin
                          3 dbms_epg.get_dad_list(dad_list);
                          4 for i in 1..dad_List.count loop
                          5 dbms_output.put_Line(dad_list(i));
                          6 end loop;
                          7 end;
                          8 /
                          APEX
                          • 10. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                            suhaibeg
                            Hi All,

there is some thing wrong in documentation of Apex 4.0.1

when i read to configure Embadded Pl/SQL gateway i followed everything from documentation and after instllation it is mentioned how to login to Apex as follwoing.

http://hostname:port/pls/apex/apex_admin

in following statment which i copied from documentation does not describe anything for "PLS". which is making confussion to me that there is something i missed during installation.

3.4.12.1 Creating a Workspace Manually
                            To create an Oracle Application Express workspace manually:

1.Log in to Oracle Application Express Administration Services. Oracle Application Express Administration Services is a separate application for managing an entire Oracle Application Express instance. You log in using the ADMIN account and password created or reset during the installation process.

a.In a Web browser, navigate to the Oracle Application Express Administration Services application.

Because your setup uses the embedded PL/SQL gateway, go to:

http://hostname:port/pls/apex/apex_admin
                            Where:

hostname is the name of the system where Oracle XML DB HTTP server is installed.

port is the port number assigned to Oracle XML DB HTTP server. In a default installation, this number is 8080.

apex is the database access descriptor (DAD) defined in the configuration file.

where as for installation chossing HTTP server it states to login by following

3.3.12.3 Logging in to Your Workspace
                            Once you create a workspace, you must log in to it using your login credentials (that is, the workspace name, user name, and password).

See Also:

See "Creating Workspaces" and "Managing Workspace Requests" in Oracle Application Express Administration Guide
                            To log in to your workspace:

1.In a Web browser, navigate to the Oracle Application Express Login page.

Because your setup uses the Oracle Application Express Listener, go to:

http://hostname:port/apex
                            Where:

◦hostname is the name of the system where Oracle XML DB HTTP server is installed.

◦port is the port number assigned to Oracle HTTP Server. In a default installation, for Oracle WebLogic Server this number is 7001, in OC4J this number is 8888, in Oracle Glassfish Server this number is 8080. These defaults are correct at the time this document was written. Please review the related Web server documentation for the latest default port if necessary.

◦apex is the mount point defined in the Web Server configuration file.

-what is your opnion ??

please reply

Suhaib
                            • 11. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                              Udo
                              Hi Suhaib,

you're right - it should be vice versa: Usually (and if following the install guide) the configuration for the DAD in OHS is using the path alias +/pls/apex+ whereas for the EPG it's just +/apex+ per default.

-Udo
                              • 12. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                                mpatzwahl
                                Hello,

i have the same problem: APEX 4.0.1 on 11.2.0.2 Cent OS. on some Pages (not all) i get a Pop Window with a XDB Autentication Question
                                I could not find the solution in the postings above. Is there any ?

Update: I have on thing special, this could be the reason. I´m Using images in a special folder /ms_images/ in the same hierarchie like the /i/ Folder. Could this be a problem ??
                                Update2: Another Idea: On some Clients (XP) it works , on Win 7 (64 Client) not

Thanks
                                Marco

Edited by: mpatzwahl on Nov 3, 2010 12:46 AM

Edited by: mpatzwahl on Nov 3, 2010 12:50 AM
                                • 13. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                                  mpatzwahl
                                  Hello,
                                  the reason are the images in the special Folder. When i login the pop window with vaild account, the images are displayed.

Is there any restrictions to create a folder like /i/ in the xdb repository ?

Thanks
                                  Marco
                                  • 14. Re: XDB  username & password Required in Apex 4.0.1
                                    mpatzwahl
                                    i found the solution. There are some privs necessary(in 11.2.0.2):

BEGIN
                                    DBMS_XDB.setACL('/ms_images', '/sys/acls/all_all_acl.xml');
                                    commit;
                                    END;

/
                                    1 2 Previous Next