This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2010 11:14 AM by CKPT RSS

how to uninstall Oracle 11G

753466 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I've just installed Oracle 11G (64bits) on Windows 7 64bits. I want to uninstall it, but deinstall.bat seems to be a total fake script.
Do you know a good tip to remove all database system?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    sybrand_b Guru
    Fire up the Oracle Universal Installer and hit the 'Deinstall products' button.
    You are the second in 2 days to ask such a question, which clearly indicate you never use documentation.

------------
    Sybrand Bakker
    Senior Oracle DBA
  • 2. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    753466 Newbie
    already done and obviously failed!

PS: i've already read the documentation.
  • 3. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    Mohamed ELAzab Pro
    Hello,
    you have to clean the database from the deinstall and the registery also.
    Please read:
    http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/ManualOracleUninstall.php
    Kind regards
    Mohamed
    Oracle DBA
  • 4. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    753466 Newbie
    It doesnt matter...i've installed it in a VMware. Probably, not a good idea to test it on Windows.
    Anyway, thanks.
  • 5. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    Mohamed ELAzab Pro
    Hello,
    removing the oracle in nix operating system is so easy but in windows you have to do it the way i posted for you because the service in windows is not like unix and linux..if you got the answer please close the thread
    Kind regards
    Mohamed
  • 6. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    orawiss Oracle ACE
    IN windows, and for 11g

1) Stop all the services relevant to Oracle database 11g. In windows Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services then Click on all Oracle Services started by Oracle* and stop them

2) Remove references from Registry ; Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Click on Software. Choose Oracle Folder. Delete it completely. Also Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and remove oracle relevant entries from there

3) Remove the PATH variable from environment variables if set

4) Delete the database files manually from the local machine In this process of deleting files if you get an error which saying windows process WmiPrvSE.exe process makes use of certain dlls such as oracell11.dll,oraldapclnt11.dll etc. Just rename the bin folder to bin_old , then restart the system and the issue will be fixed
  • 7. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    >
    I've just installed Oracle 11G (64bits) on Windows 7 64bits. ...
    >

Which version of 11g ? Which version of Windows 7 ?

>
    .. I want to uninstall it, but deinstall.bat seems to be a total fake script. ...
    >

Can you be more specific - what exactly does not work ?

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10843/deinstall.htm#CIHDGGJJ

HTH
    Srini
  • 8. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    I want to uninstall it, but deinstall.bat seems to be a total fake script.
    Are you really sure ? The reason I am saying this that I have used Deinstall and it did work for me. Did you explicitly download the Deintall utility or you are trying something within the Oracle home only? What's the error that you have faced?

Aman....
  • 9. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    EdStevens Guru
    user8105269 wrote:
    It doesnt matter...i've installed it in a VMware. Probably, not a good idea to test it on Windows.
    Anyway, thanks.
    What does vmware have to do with it? The instructions on manually removing Oracle deal with it at the OS level. It doesn't care if it's virtualized or not.
  • 10. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    827358 Newbie
    As usual these lazy young wipper snappers aren't stepping outside of the box and, trying to resolve something on their own by at least looking at the docs. Where would you people be without Google, McDonalds fry guys?You see under the deinstall folder there is a readme.txt file. Readme.txt means you should read the contents for the file.
    The contents include the following:
    See your platform specific installation guides and release notes for
    information about using the deinstall tool.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/portal.portal_db?selected=11&frame=
  • 11. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    827358 Newbie
    Looks like this dude sybrand b isn't reading the documentation either. The deinstall products button is an invalid option with 11g and incorrect instruction from this dude. Don't do it, it won't work.

The Deinstallation tool (deinstall.bat) stops Oracle programs, and removes Oracle software and configuration files on the operating system. The Deinstallation tool is available in Oracle home directories after installation as %ORACLE_HOME%\deinstall\deinstall.bat.
  • 12. Re: how to uninstall Oracle 11G
    CKPT Guru
    Hi,

If you compare with linux, windows is much risky in uninstall ORACLE because main problem is with registry.

if in case unable to uninstall then you can remove the existing ORACLE_HOME & clean up the registry files.

refer this link too.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/ManualOracleUninstall.php#Windows

THanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points