5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 1:31 AM by 965612 RSS

No current row for View

Hi All,

I crated a lov to a column. It is a column in search page. This search page should take few input parameters and produce the results by calling an api. I created this page using transient variable both input and output columns. I added this lov to an input column. I am getting this error " No current row for View ". I am new to the OAF. After I read the threads, what i understood was there might be two reasons for this error.
      1. VO not initialized. --- Can some body provide me a piece of code, how to initialize a VO ?
      1. VO query returns 0 number of rows. --- I don't have any query in my VO. All I have is 4 trasient variables.

Thanks,
      Mahesh
        • 1. Re: No current row for View
          AnilSharma
          Mahesh,
          1. VO query returns 0 number of rows. --- I don't have any query in my VO. All I have is 4 trasient variables.
          Even if you are not having any query in your VO but still it needs to be initalized so that it can be used further..

Thanks
          --Anil
          http://oracleanil.blogspot.com
          • 2. Re: No current row for View
            AnilSharma
            Mahesh
            VO not initialized
            You can use below method for initializing your vo in the AM by calling it from processRequest
            public void createRow()
              {
                OAViewObject vo = (OAViewObject)getEmployeeFullVO1();//Here your VO instance name instead of EmployeeFullVO

if (!vo.isPreparedForExecution()) 
                { 
                  vo.executeQuery(); 
                } 

Row row = vo.createRow();
                vo.insertRow(row);

row.setNewRowState(Row.STATUS_INITIALIZED);

}
            Thanks
            --Anil                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
            • 3. Re: No current row for View
              Hi Anil,
              Thanks for your response.

I will try and let you know.

I have one more doubt, Here is my requirement.

In my search page If I give a value and click on submit, It should call an API and the multiple lines will be returned as OUT PARAM from the API those OUT PARAM values need to be display in my Advance table results region.

Can you please suggest me how to do that.

Thanks,
              Mahesh
              • 4. Re: No current row for View
                I have created a method which will call my API and return the out params, Iam capturing the out param values in a vairables in CO.

How can i assign these values to advance table items.

How can i do if there are multiple returns of lines in the API, how can i handle this situation. can one one please help me ont this

Thanks,
                Mahesh
                • 5. Re: No current row for View
                  Hi Anil I tried the above code but still i am getting this error.can you please help me?

Regards,

Midhun