5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 9:21 AM by Udo

Install Application Express Listener 1.0.2 Error for 10.2.0.5 on win XP pro

I am trying to install Apex 4.0 (full Env) on Oracle Enterprise Ed 10.2.0.5 on windows XP pro, I am in the process of installing Apex Listener 1.0.2.238.15.24

To launch the Application Express Listener immediately
      command is java –jar <temp directory>\apex.war
      when I type this command, my temp dir (unzipped Application Express Listener) is e:\apex_listener
      java –jar e:\apex_listener\apex.war

I get the following error:

E:\apex_listener>java -jar e:\apex_listener\apex.war
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ûjar
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ûjar
      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
      at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
      Could not find the main class: ΓÇôjar. Program will exit.

What is going on here. Does Application Express Listener 1.0.2 work on 10.2.0.5 on windows XP pro?

Thanks
      Rick

Edited by: 795075 on Sep 17, 2010 8:25 AM

Edited by: 795075 on Sep 17, 2010 8:34 AM

Edited by: 795075 on Sep 17, 2010 8:46 AM
        • 1. Re: Install Application Express Listener 1.0.2 Error for 10.2.0.5 on win XP pro
          Kris Rice-Oracle
          It should be fine. That error looks like it's not find/seeing the war file somehow. I'd start by seeing if the file is corrupt. You should be able to open it with 7zip or jar -tvf to list the contents of it.

-kris
          • 2. Re: Install Application Express Listener 1.0.2 Error for 10.2.0.5 on win XP pro
            I still not able to make it work. Does this version has a bug? Can I look for prior version? Do I need to install 10g application server?

Thanks
            Rick
            • 3. Re: Install Application Express Listener 1.0.2 Error for 10.2.0.5 on win XP pro
              Udo
              Hi Rick,
              795075 wrote:
              Could not find the main class: ΓÇôjar. Program will exit.
              did you encounter any error during the extraction of the file you downloaded? The name for the main class looks pretty weird.
              You could also check if you have the appropriate Java-Version (Java 6 Update 20 JDK or higher). Run
              java -version
              where you'd start the listener. I get this error when I use the Java 2 (1.4.2_04) that's been setup into the Windows search PATH by the Oracle Database Client. This Java Version is not capable of running the Embedded Web Container.

You don't need the application server to start the Listener, though I would recommend one of the supported J2EE-containers (see installation guide) or Apache Tomcat, which is not officially supported but known for capable of hosting it. The way you tried to start it should launch the embedded container (a runtime version of GlassFish).

-Udo

Edited by: Udo on 28.09.2010 18:47
              • 4. Re: Install Application Express Listener 1.0.2 Error for 10.2.0.5 on win XP pro
                My Java version is:

java version "1.4.2_06"
                Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_06-b03)
                Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_06-b03, mixed mode)

Also, I have the latest JDK version 1.6.0_20

I did not get any error while unzipping. But I still when I execute the command in the dos prompt.

E:\apex_listener>java -jar e:\apex_listener\apex.war
                Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ûjar

Thanks

Edited by: 795075 on Sep 30, 2010 3:14 PM
                • 5. Re: Install Application Express Listener 1.0.2 Error for 10.2.0.5 on win XP pro
                  Udo
                  That's exactly what I posted above: You are using some older Java version, probably installed and put into your search path from another Oracle product like the Database Client.
                  I wouldn't change the search path, but you can start the Listener by calling the later Java version like that:
                  E:\apex_listener>%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java -jar apex.war
                  You may have to change the location for your Java 6 binary to the appropriate path if you didn't use the standard installation path or didn't install a public JRE along with your JDK - of course can use java from the JDK as well.

-Udo