12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 3:49 AM by 904242 RSS

Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop

I'm not sure what has happened, but yesterday I was unable to start weblogic 10.3 from inside weblogic workshop.

the main error was "Could not reserve enough space for object heap", I was able to get past this by reducing the memory arguments in the setdomainEnv.cmd, but then I started getting OutOfMemory warnings, followed by OutOfMemory errors.

I've created a new domain, I've created a new workspace, neither of these fixed the problem.

I can start the server from the command line, so this problem isn't urgent, but it's handy to have access to the console, and the ability to restart from inside workshop.

has anyone else seen this? have you found a solution? and finally, WTF? why does this happen 'out of the blue'?

here's the console output when I try and start weblogic:

JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
      WLS Start Mode=Development
      CLASSPATH=;C:\bea103\patch_wlw1030\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\patch_wls1030\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\patch_wlp1030\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\patch_wli1030\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\patch_cie670\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\patch_alsb1030\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\patch_aldsp1030\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\bea103\JDK160~1\lib\tools.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\bea103\modules\features\weblogic.server.modules_10.3.0.0.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\webservices.jar;C:\bea103\modules\ORGAPA~1.5/lib/ant-all.jar;C:\bea103\modules\NETSFA~1.0_1/lib/ant-contrib.jar;C:\bea103\modules\features\odsi.server.modules_10.3.0.0.jar;C:\bea103\odsi_10.3\lib\ld-server-core.jar;;C:\bea103\USER_P~1\domains\WCB_DE~1\db2Driver\db2jcc.jar;C:\bea103\USER_P~1\domains\WCB_DE~1\db2Driver\db2jcc_javax.jar;C:\bea103\USER_P~1\domains\WCB_DE~1\db2Driver\db2jcc_license_cu.jar;C:\bea103\wli_10.3\..\modules\com.bea.wli.core.mflengine_1.1.0.0.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\..\modules\features\osb.server.modules_10.3.0.0.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\lib\flow\sb-flow.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\..\modules\com.bea.core.jaxen_1.0.0.0_1-1-1.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\lib\version.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\lib\alsb.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\3rdparty\lib\j2ssh-ant.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\3rdparty\lib\j2ssh-common.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\3rdparty\lib\j2ssh-core.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\3rdparty\lib\j2ssh-dameon.jar;C:\bea103\osb_10.3\3rdparty\classes;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\..\modules\com.bea.core.apache.commons.logging_1.1.0.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\common\eval\pointbase\lib\pbembedded57.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\common\eval\pointbase\lib\pbclient57.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\xqrl.jar;C:\bea103\wli_10.3\lib\worklist-system-required.jar;C:\bea103\wli_10.3\L10N;C:\bea103\wli_10.3\lib\jpd.jar;C:\bea103\wli_10.3\lib\sftpspi_impl.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\xqrl.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\xquery.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\binxml.jar;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\wllog4j.jar;
      PATH=C:\bea103\patch_wlw1030\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\patch_wls1030\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\patch_wlp1030\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\patch_wli1030\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\patch_cie670\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\patch_alsb1030\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\patch_aldsp1030\profiles\default\native;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\bin;C:\bea103\modules\ORGAPA~1.5\bin;C:\bea103\JDK160~1\jre\bin;C:\bea103\JDK160~1\bin;C:\bea103\jrockit_160_05\jre\bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oraClient10g\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Imaging\;C:\Program Files (x86)\cvsnt;C:\java tools\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;g:\dmlprom;C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.26\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CVSNT\;C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32\oci920_8
      * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
      * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
      * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
      * console at http:\\hostname:port\console *
      starting weblogic with Java version:
      Cleaning up license and uid files
      Starting Autonomy with CONTENT_SEARCH_OPTION = full
      Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8453
      java version "1.6.0_05"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_05-b13)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)
      Autonomy Distributed Search Handler engine started.
      Starting WLS with line:
      C:\bea103\JDK160~1\bin\java -client -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8453,server=y,suspend=n -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xverify:none -da:org.apache.xmlbeans... -ea -da:com.bea... -da:javelin... -da:weblogic... -ea:com.bea.wli... -ea:com.bea.broker... -ea:com.bea.sbconsole... -Dplatform.home=C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3 -Dwls.home=C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dweblogic.home=C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server -Xmx1024m -Dcom.sun.xml.namespace.QName.useCompatibleSerialVersionUID=1.0 -Daldsp.home=C:\bea103\odsi_10.3 -Djavax.xml.soap.MessageFactory=weblogic.xml.saaj.MessageFactoryImpl -Dweblogic.wsee.bind.suppressDeployErrorMessage=true -Dweblogic.wsee.skip.async.response=true -Dwcb.properties.url="file:///c|/bea103/user_projects/domains/WCB_Developer_Domain/app-parms/" -Dlog4j.configuration=file:C:\bea103\USER_P~1\domains\WCB_DE~1\apacheLog4jCfg.xml -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev=true -Dwlw.testConsole=true -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole=true -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\bea103\TEMP -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=C:\bea103\patch_wlw1030\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\patch_wls1030\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\patch_wlp1030\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\patch_wli1030\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\patch_cie670\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\patch_alsb1030\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\patch_aldsp1030\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\p13n\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\light-portal\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\light-portal\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\light-portal\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\portal\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\info-mgmt\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\analytics\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\apps\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\info-mgmt\deprecated\lib\system;C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\content-mgmt\lib\system -Dweblogic.alternateTypesDirectory=C:\bea103\wlportal_10.3\portal\lib\security -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=C:\bea103\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.policy weblogic.Server
      Error occurred during initialization of VM
      Could not reserve enough space for object heap
      Could not create the Java virtual machine.
      Stopping PointBase server...
      PointBase server stopped.
      \Windows was unexpected at this time.
        • 1. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
          Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
          Hi,

Try to increase the Memory space for workshop

go to %BEA _Home% / Workshop103/workshop.ini

change the Min and Max Heap size to 512 and restart the server from workshop.

If you have problem let me know.

Regards,
          Kal.
          • 2. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
            Hi Kal , thanks for the advice but I'm afraid that it didn't help, I've tried a few different sets of memory arguments there, all of them failed to change how the server fails to start.
            • 3. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
              Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
              HI,

I got the point.

you need to make changes to the Server heap settings.

JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

This should solve your problem.

Regards,
              Kal.
              • 4. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                Kosta-Oracle
                the main error was "Could not reserve enough space for object heap"
                You would get better help for this on WebLogic Server or a Java forum. The above problem is a fairly typical JVM and operating system interop issue. On startup JVM tries to reserve a contiguous block of virtual memory for heap and permgen. If it is unable to do so, it fails to start. On 32-bit operating system, virtual memory address space is 4GB, but drivers and operating system processes can breakup the available space into smaller chunks such that Java is not able to allocate a contiguous block that it requires. Any number of things could of caused this to start happening all of a sudden. Anything from a Windows update to installing new hardware or software.

Several possible solutions...

1. Tries to reduce memory allocated to WLS java process. Move down small increments at a time until the server starts. Perhaps you can get your app to run with reduced memory.
                2. Switch to a 64-bit operating system and a 64-bit JVM. Note that you don't need more than 4GB of actual ram to get a benefit from a 64-bit environment in this case. It is the size of the virtual memory address space that counts. You will need to seek advice on WebLogic Server forum regarding configuring WLS to run with a 64-bit JVM.
                3. Switch to running WLS using Jrockit. I do not believe Jrockit has the contiguous memory requirement.
                4. Do some low-level debugging to identify which drivers or dlls are loaded where in memory and uninstall offenders or attempt to move them. You can find information on this via Google, but I don't really recommend doing this unless you enjoy low-level debugging and have some experience with it.

- Konstantin
                • 5. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                  Kal & Konstantin

Thanks for you replies.

Kal, the higher the numbers the more likely I'll fail to start the server.

Konstantin, I have tried lower numbers but then I get OutOfMemory problems, I am using jrockit and a 64 bit computer.

I appreciate your help, but I'm going to let this go for now, I can start the server outside the IDE, and while that is a PIA, I'll just do it that way until I can explore this further.

Thanks guys
                  • 6. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                    Kosta-Oracle
                    I am using jrockit and a 64 bit computer.
                    If you are using jrockit that shipped with WLS, then you are using a 32-bit version. Even if your OS is 64-bit, you need a 64-bit JVM to take advantage of larger virtual memory space.

- Konstantin
                    • 7. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                      That's true, and that's one of the things I'll try when I get back to this problem.

Thanks Konstantin
                      • 8. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                        Mikereiche-Oracle
                        the main error was "Could not reserve enough space for object heap",
                        Be sure to exit all 6 copies of MS-Word, MS-Excel, InternetExplorer, World-of-Warcraft, etc. before launching weblogic server.

You can probably get away with 256M for MaxPermSize

Also, go to the Servers tab, server configuration in Workshop, under Startup & Deployment uncheck "Launch WebLogic server in Eclipse Console", so that your weblogic server runs as a separate process.
                        If you are using jrockit
                        Log shows he's using Sun (I mean Oracle) Hotspot JVM
                        Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)
                        • 9. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                          Hi,

I have installed the Weblogic server 10.3.3.0 on machine which has Microsoft Windows XP 2002, Service pack3. RAM - 2GB

On that Weblogic server 10.3.3.0 i have installed SOA 11.1.1.2.0 and applied the patch set 2 on SOA 11.1.1.2.0 to upgrate it to SOA 11.1.1.3.0. I have used XE database which is installed on another machine.
                          After the installation of SOA 11.1.1.3.0 I have created one domain.

While starting the Admin server of that domain, it prompt me with an error as :
                          *********************************************************
                          ** Setting up SOA specific environment for win...
                          *********************************************************
                          PATH=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1033\profiles\default\native;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_ocp353\profiles\default\native;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\bin;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\modules\ORGAPA~1.1\bin;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\jre\bin;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;C:\WINDOWS\Tools\Wintools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32\oci920_8;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\thirdparty\edifecs\XEngine\bin
                          USER_MEM_ARGS=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
                          JAVA_OPTIONS= -Xverify:none
                          ** End SOA Specific environment setup for win.
                          JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
                          WLS Start Mode=Development
                          CLASSPATH=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\ext\jdbc\oracle\11g\ojdbc6dms.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\user-patch.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\soa-startup.jar;;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1033\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_ocp353\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\lib\tools.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\modules\features\weblogic.server.modules_10.3.3.0.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\webservices.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\modules\ORGAPA~1.1/lib/ant-all.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\modules\NETSFA~1.0_1/lib/ant-contrib.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\oracle.soa.common.adapters_11.1.1\oracle.soa.common.adapters.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\soa\modules\commons-cli-1.1.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\soa\modules\oracle.soa.mgmt_11.1.1\soa-infra-mgmt.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.xdk_11.1.0\xsu12.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\modules\features\weblogic.server.modules.xquery_10.3.1.0.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\db2jcc4.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE\config\soa-infra;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\fabric-url-handler_11.1.1.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\quartz-all-1.6.5.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\oracle.soa.fabric_11.1.1\oracle.soa.fabric.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\oracle.soa.adapter_11.1.1\oracle.soa.adapter.jar;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\modules\oracle.soa.b2b_11.1.1\oracle.soa.b2b.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.jrf_11.1.1\jrf.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\derby\lib\derbyclient.jar;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\xqrl.jar
                          PATH=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1033\profiles\default\native;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_ocp353\profiles\default\native;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\bin;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\modules\ORGAPA~1.1\bin;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\jre\bin;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;C:\WINDOWS\Tools\Wintools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32\oci920_8;D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\thirdparty\edifecs\XEngine\bin
                          * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
                          * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
                          * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
                          * console at http:\\hostname:port\console *
                          starting weblogic with Java version:
                          Starting WLS with line:
                          D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\bin\java -client -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Xverify:none -da -Dplatform.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3 -Dwls.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dweblogic.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Ddomain.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE -Dcommon.components.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1 -Djrf.version=11.1.1 -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger -Djrockit.optfile=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.jrf_11.1.1\jrocket_optfile.txt -Doracle.domain.config.dir=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE\config\FMWCON~1 -Doracle.server.config.dir=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE\config\FMWCON~1\servers\AdminServer -Doracle.security.jps.config=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE\config\fmwconfig\jps-config.xml -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=oracle.mds.net.protocol -Digf.arisidbeans.carmlloc=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE\config\FMWCON~1\carml -Digf.arisidstack.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE\config\FMWCON~1\arisidprovider -Dweblogic.alternateTypesDirectory=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.ossoiap_11.1.1,D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.oamprovider_11.1.1 -Dweblogic.jdbc.remoteEnabled=false -da:org.apache.xmlbeans... -Dsoa.archives.dir=D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa -Dsoa.oracle.home=D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1 -Dsoa.instance.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\SOACOE -Dtangosol.coherence.clusteraddress=227.7.7.9 -Dtangosol.coherence.clusterport=9778 -Dtangosol.coherence.log=jdk -Djavax.xml.soap.MessageFactory=oracle.j2ee.ws.saaj.soap.MessageFactoryImpl -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs="oracle.mds.net.protocol|oracle.fabric.common.classloaderurl.handler|oracle.fabric.common.uddiurl.handler|oracle.bpm.io.fs.protocol" -Dweblogic.transaction.blocking.commit=true -Dweblogic.transaction.blocking.rollback=true -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\DemoTrust.jks -Dem.oracle.home=D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\oracle_common -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dums.oracle.home=D:\OracleWebLogic\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1 -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev= -Dwlw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole= -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1033\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_ocp353\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath weblogic.Server
                          Error occurred during initialization of VM
                          Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Any help How to resolve this error.I have increased the virtual memory of the drive in which i have done the installation.

Thanks
                          Mala
                          • 10. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                            Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                            Hi,

From your below given details

USER_MEM_ARGS=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
                            JAVA_OPTIONS= -Xverify:none

make few changes to the memory settings.

USER_MEM_ARGS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

This would help you resolve the issue.

Regards,
                            Kal.
                            • 11. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                              Thanks for all the replies.

I'm afraid nothing has worked, I've tried various memory settings, different jvms (including 64-bit), the only thing that works is using lower memory settings, but that results in OutOfMemeory errors pretty quickly making it unusable.

The only thing that I could do was start the server outside of workshop and deploy 'manually'.

I also tried turning on and off Start in express mode, Launch Weblogic server in Eclipse console, Always start in debug mode, Run Stand-alone, Copy stand-alone

and so many things that I can't even remember.

As soon as I get a chance I'm just going to re-install everything and call this a loss.

I'm going to mark this as answered because nothing seems to have fixed this problem, I have a work around, and eventually I'll just re-install everything.

Thanks everyone
                              • 12. Re: Cannot start weblogic from wrokshop
                                this can be becoz ur processor is supporting to soa server , in order to solve this u need to change in to the file named as " setSOADomainEnv.cmd " which u can find it here in below path

C:\Oracle\MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\soa_domain\bin

just change parameter DEFAULT_MEM_ARGS to 1024 to 768 and restart server.

set JAVA_OPTIONS=%JAVA_OPTIONS%
                                set DEFAULT_MEM_ARGS=-Xms512m -Xmx768m
                                set PORT_MEM_ARGS=-Xms768m -Xmx1536m

:)

Edited by: 901239 on Dec 8, 2011 1:49 AM