1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 1:33 AM by KKK - Oracle RSS

11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15

The 11gR2 installation on Solaris 10 sparc failed with prereuisite 124861-15.
      When I tried to install the patch 124861-20, it failed with the following(see below):
      I have Sun Studio 12-2 installed on the system.
      It was complaining that some packages (SPROmrcom, SPROlangx, SPROlang,SPROsunms ) are not installed.
      Where can I get these packages? Should not it be included in the Sun Studio 12-2 installation?
      Thanks.

Zhigang

# patchadd 124861-20
      Validating patches...

Loading patches installed on the system...

Cannot find package name, arch or version in pkginfo file /var/sadm/pkg/IR/pkginfo.
      Done!

Loading patches requested to install.

Done!

The following requested patches have packages not installed on the system
      Package SPROmrcom from directory SPROmrcom in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROmrcom will not be applied to the system.
      Package SPROlangx from directory SPROlangx in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROlangx will not be applied to the system.
      Package SPROlang from directory SPROlang in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROlang will not be applied to the system.
      Package SPROsunms from directory SPROsunms in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROsunms will not be applied to the system.

Checking patches that you specified for installation.

Done!

The following requested patches will not be installed because
      the packages they patch are not installed on this system.

0 No Packages from patch 124861-20 are installed on the system.
        • 1. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Welcome to the forums !

Pl confirm that you meet all of the prerequisites identified in the Install Guide - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10848/pre_install.htm#BABFDGHJ

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
            We are missing a OS patch 124861-15: (SunOS 5.10 Compiler Common patch for Sun C C++ (optional)).
            The problem is that we can not install the patch 124861-15. It is complaining that four packages (SPROmrcom, SPROlangx, SPROlang, SPROsunms) they patch are not installed on this system.
            Where can I get these packages? Should it be part of Sun Studio?
            I have Sun Studio 12-2 installed on the system ( Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC).
            Thanks.
            • 3. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;

Check below links please

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7601/6nirmq7ku?a=view
              http://docs.sun.com/source/819-3052/packages.html

Regard
              Helios
              • 4. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                Did this get resolved? we are having the exact same problem.

Package SPROmrcom from directory SPROmrcom in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROmrcom will not be applied to the system.
                Package SPROlangx from directory SPROlangx in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROlangx will not be applied to the system.
                Package SPROlang from directory SPROlang in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROlang will not be applied to the system.
                Package SPROsunms from directory SPROsunms in patch 124861-20 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SPROsunms will not be applied to the system.

Just installed Studio 12.2, doesn't resolve this issue.

Help.

~rick
                • 5. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                  Also, I notice the necessary packages listed in 12 release 1. But not in 12.2...see appendix C of this document -

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1385/6nmcfgo52?a=view

~rick
                  • 6. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                    I have run into the same problem. Has this problem been fixed? I also have Sun studio 12.2 installed.
                    • 7. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                      I have run into the same problem. Has this problem been fixed? I also have Sun studio 12.2 installed.
                      • 8. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                        • 9. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                          same issue we are facing...

my findings,

package list for sun studio 12.1

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7601/6nirmq7ku?a=view

package list for sun studio 12.2

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1385/6nmcfgo52?a=view

SPROlangx
                          SPROmrcom
                          SPROsunms
                          SPROlang

above packages are not available with latest version 12.2, but its available in previous release 12.1

Oracle Sun Gurus pls help us.

Thanks
                          Sriram
                          • 10. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                            Hi pls find the following link, it say warning can be ignored :)

https://www.oratoolkit.ch/knowledge/howto/installation/se1Srv-11g-R2-on-Solaris-10-sparc.php?cookies=1

=============================================
                            The next example shows errors which can be ignored.
                            20091112_220723: Info: Grepping for PRVF- pattern in /opt/oracle/oraInventory/logs/installActions2009-11-12_10-02-14PM.log
                            INFO: Error Message:PRVF-7543 : OS Kernel parameter "project.max-shm-memory" does not have proper value on ... [Expected = "4294967295" ; Found = ... ].
                            INFO: Error Message:PRVF-9809 : Proper OS Patch is not found on node "stquist2p" [Expected = "124861-15" ; Found = "Patch missing"]
                            =============================================

Regards
                            Sriram
                            • 11. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                              ora_tech
                              Hi Sriram,
                              above packages are not available with latest version 12.2, but its available in previous release 12.1
                              Oracle Sun Gurus pls help us.
                              The next example shows errors which can be ignored.
                              20091112_220723: Info: Grepping for PRVF- pattern in /opt/oracle/oraInventory/logs/installActions2009-11-12_10-02-14PM.log
                              INFO: Error Message:PRVF-7543 : OS Kernel parameter "project.max-shm-memory" does not have proper value on ... [Expected = "4294967295" ; Found = ... ].
                              You need to configure proper shmmax value.

Refer Configure kernel parameters: from link below:

http://appsdbaworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/10/installation-of-11202-grid.html

After setting these parameters you need to login to oracle user again with su - oracle

Also change user name to your while configuring these parameters, in my case the username was ora11g.
                              INFO: Error Message:PRVF-9809 : Proper OS Patch is not found on node "stquist2p" [Expected = "124861-15" ; Found = "Patch missing"]
                              Refer:http://appsdbaworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/11/11gr2-installation-error-with-patch.html

thanks,
                              X A H E E R
                              • 12. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                                ora_tech
                                Hi,
                                The 11gR2 installation on Solaris 10 sparc failed with prereuisite 124861-15.
                                When I tried to install the patch 124861-20, it failed with the following(see below):
                                I have Sun Studio 12-2 installed on the system.
                                It was complaining that some packages (SPROmrcom, SPROlangx, SPROlang,SPROsunms ) are not installed.
                                Where can I get these packages? Should not it be included in the Sun Studio 12-2 installation?
                                Thanks.

Zhigang

# patchadd 124861-20
                                Validating patches...

Loading patches installed on the system...

Cannot find package name, arch or version in pkginfo file /var/sadm/pkg/IR/pkginfo.
                                Done!

Loading patches requested to install.

Done!

Checking patches that you specified for installation.

Done!

The following requested patches will not be installed because
                                the packages they patch are not installed on this system.

0 No Packages from patch 124861-20 are installed on the system.
                                Refer my post *11gR2 Installation Error with patch 124861-15 as pre Req*

http://appsdbaworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/11/11gr2-installation-error-with-patch.html

thanks,
                                X A H E E R
                                • 13. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                                  Try following steps:

http://ram-y.blogspot.com/2011/02/124861-15-patch-install-for-oracle-11g.html
                                  • 14. Re: 11gR2 installation on Solaris failed with prereuisite 124861-15
                                    Just ran into this issue and needed a service call to Oracle to obtain a work around.

Basically, this is a known bug with the 11r2 install on Solaris 10 and can be ignored unless the PRO*C precompiler is needed.

Oracle support page detailing the issue:
                                    https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=969497.1

Oracle support page detailing the bug in the Oracle 11r2 install:
                                    https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=BUG&id=9214210
                                    1 2 Previous Next