1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 23, 2010 3:06 PM by Jasmine Pauline-Oracle RSS

How to delete members dynamically in ESSbase

Hi,

I have 30,000 members in my accounts dimension and I want to delete 1,000 members from different hierarchies dynamically. I have 1,000 members list with me.

Please let me know if there is any way to delete those 1,000 members dynamically.

can we do this job using rule file or maxl or esscmd anyway?

I want to remove some specific members dynamically.

I don't want to do this job manually.

Please help me out.

Regards,
      Rajendra Prasad Gella.
        • 1. Re: How to delete members dynamically in ESSbase
          Jasmine Pauline-Oracle
          Currently, it is not possible via an out of the box script, an Enhancement request is raised for this feature to be included.

You need to remove the members in a batch process rather than in Application Manager or EAS. There is not a MaxL or Esscmd to do this specifically like that. You could do this indirectly through a dimension build file. You would need to specify all the members in the dimension to keep and set the option to "Remove Unspecified" (click Options>Dimension Build Settings, Dimension Build Settings tab to set that in the data prep editor).

Another option you may consider is the API. EsbOtlDeleteMember function can be used to remove members from the outline.

The sequence of API calls are as follows:

EsbInit
          EsbLogin or EsbAutoLogin
          EsbOtlOpenOutline
          EsbOtlFindMember
          EsbOtlDeleteMember
          EsbOtlWriteOutline
          EsbOtlVerifyOutline
          EsbOtlRestructure
          EsbUnlockObject
          EsbOtlCloseOutline
          EsbLogout
          EsbTerm()

The API reference guide is at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10530_01/doc/epm.931/html_esb_api/topapilist.htm

HTH-
          Jasmine.