2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2003 4:27 PM by 843797

java.lang.VerifyError

Hello everybody!
      I'm a software developer i a little company in Austria. We are developing web based software that runs an a Jakarta-Tomcat webserver.
      Now i have a problem with a 'java.lang.VerifyError'. I don't understand why this happens because the development of the software began some months ago and nothing realy new was added to the sourcecode.
      For example: I compile my servlet that has following code inside.
      errorMsg = rb.getString("error0035")+rb.getString("error0035_36");
      When running it on the webserver the VerifyError was thrown immediately:
      java.lang.VerifyError: (class: at/fab4minds/bsm/iClient/BSMiClient, method: processRequest signature: (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V) Fourth operand byte of invokeinterface must be zero
           at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
           at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1576)
           at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1748)
           at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:266)
           at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)
           at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:268)
           at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
           at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:254)
           at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
           at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:812)
           at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
           at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
           at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
           at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Then i tryed to undo my last change:
      errorMsg = rb.getString("error0035");
      And i don't belive it, there was no error!

I don't think that the error is directly connected with the shown code but i have no idea why he happens.

Please help me if you can!

(Sorry for my poor english!)