2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2010 4:38 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

doubt

hi friends,

i have a doubt. i am in my system. i would like to boot another system which is in the same network(LAN) using JAVA CODE with proper username and password. is it possible to do like this. if so, kindly give the sample coding for this or url path to download.

u can mail me : subash.prasanna@gmail.com
        • 1. Re: doubt
          It looks like a question than a doubt.

Public forums are not there to solicit private e-mails.
          u can
          http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#writewell

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
          Eric Steven Raymond
          Rick Moen

Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language

We've found by experience that people who are careless and sloppy writers are usually also careless and sloppy at thinking and coding (often enough to bet on, anyway). Answering questions for careless and sloppy thinkers is not rewarding; we'd rather spend our time elsewhere.

So expressing your question clearly and well is important. If you can't be bothered to do that, we can't be bothered to pay attention. Spend the extra effort to polish your language. It doesn't have to be stiff or formal - in fact, hacker culture values informal, slangy and humorous language used with precision. But it has to be precise; there has to be some indication that you're thinking and paying attention.

Spell, punctuate, and capitalize correctly. Don't confuse "its" with "it's", "loose" with "lose", or "discrete" with "discreet". Don't TYPE IN ALL CAPS; this is read as shouting and considered rude. (All-smalls is only slightly less annoying, as it's difficult to read. Alan Cox can get away with it, but you can't.)

More generally, if you write like a semi-literate b o o b you will very likely be ignored. So don't use instant-messaging shortcuts. Spelling "you" as "u" makes you look like a semi-literate b o o b to save two entire keystrokes.
          • 2. Re: doubt
            jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
            subash-prasanna wrote:
            i have a doubt. i am in my system. i would like to boot another system which is in the same network(LAN) using JAVA CODE with proper username and password.
            It might help to explain in more detail what you think you mean by "boot".

Only java code - unlikely. The only solution would be if there was a socket interface on your OS (or somewhere) that allowed that. If there is such an API then you would need to research it on a site/forum specific to your OS (not here.)
            is it possible to do like this. if so, kindly give the sample coding for this or url path to download.
            Can you do it from a console window? If you do not know the answer to that question then go to a site/forum specific for your OS and ask there (not here.)

If yes then you can write some java code with some OS specific commands, the ones that answer the above question, to do so.