3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2010 5:12 PM by EJP RSS

Reply to client by setting properties of java.rmi

Hi All,

I am very new to JAVA RMI.

Is it possible for me to send a reply to client by setting the properties of java.rmi ?. I mean the reply string , if i am returning a string to client program ?.

Shammi
        • 1. Re: Reply to client by setting properties of java.rmi
          EJP
          Is it possible for me to send a reply to client by setting the properties of java.rmi?
          There are no 'properties of java.rmi'. This is meaningless.
          I mean the reply string , if i am returning a string to client program ?.
          This is also meaningless.

Please formulate your question clearly.
          • 2. Re: Reply to client by setting properties of java.rmi
            I will be more specific.

What I meant by properties is system properties applied to the classes in java.rmi.* which we can set. For example,

System.setProperty("java.rmi.server.codebase", "file://home/shammi/test");

For the second portion, for example, if my server returns the string "Hello World" to the client, I will have a server method some what similar to the one given below

public String SayHello()     {

return "Hello World\n";
                 }

Is it possible for me to do this in another way rather than explicitly specifying the return string.

Shammi
            • 3. Re: Reply to client by setting properties of java.rmi
              EJP
              Is it possible for me to do this in another way rather than explicitly specifying the return string.
              You can do it any way you like. Get it from a file, a system property, a database, an LDAP server, another RMI server, a Web server, ...