This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 15, 2010 6:18 AM by 791266 RSS

Annotations Newbie: Are annotations the best choice for..

843793 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I currently have source code that consumes web services and use the @WebServiceRef annotation to provide the wsdllocation. If I understand annotations correctly, there is a way at compile time to replace the wsdllocation path. This is done because the software is built for various custoemers using customized webservices for each customer. The structure of the web service doesnt change, but we need to dynamicly change the path the source code will find the wsdl when compiling the software for a customer.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I am new to java development, and am learning on the fly. If by chance annotations are not the right method for solutioning this, would anyone have any pointers?

Thank you,

Steve
  • 1. Re: Annotations Newbie: Are annotations the best choice for..
    791266 Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    btkstephen wrote:
    I currently have source code that consumes web services and use the @WebServiceRef annotation to provide the wsdllocation. If I understand annotations correctly, there is a way at compile time to replace the wsdllocation path. This is done because the software is built for various custoemers using customized webservices for each customer. The structure of the web service doesnt change, but we need to dynamicly change the path the source code will find the wsdl when compiling the software for a customer.
    Why do you want to do that at compile time? Why aren't you using a configuration (and possibly an annotation that is used at runtime). Spring webservices does something like that.