2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2008 6:07 AM by 843793 RSS

Generated class : how to load it into web server

Hello,
      I have a web service and its web methods; I created a custom annotation and annotated the web methods with it. This custom annotation generates a new class file that works as a special interface for my web methods; I desire to load it into the web container, how could I reach this result? The generated class is a special interface that intercepts inputs and outputs to/from annotated web method. Thank you!

ps the generated class is correctly generated as a .java file and compiled as a .class file

Edited by: fabio80s on Nov 18, 2008 5:41 AM
        • 1. Re: Generated class : how to load it into web server
          This should be straightforward - you need to make sure that the generated .class file is either (1) included in the WEB-INF/classes directory, or (2) packaged in a Jar file in WEB-INF/lib, when you create your WAR file for deployment.
          • 2. Re: Generated class : how to load it into web server
            Thank you!
            The generated .java and .class files are effectively in build/web/WEB-INF/classes directory, but where can I find it on the web server? I use GlassFish v2.
            Another question : the generated class should call web service's web methods, but it is not clear for me how the call should be done. In different project, from netbeans, a create a Web Service Client and this generates all java classes from WSDL decriptions of Web Service operations. Then, from code, I call web service operation through the generated proxy. But my case is different (or not?) because I should call web service operation from the generated class that is a part of the web service! :) I am confused...

Thank you for your attention :)