Ramya_suresh wrote:Which database are you using? Note - some databases limit the size of the BLOB so one has to split a file into chunks.
It is a development DB.
Does it follow any default character set encoding when it is downloaded from the DB? What can be possibly wrong/
Ramya_suresh wrote:I find it interesting that you won't say what your database is. I find it interesting that you don't publish the code you are using to write the file to the database. I find it interesting that you are convinced that your problem is due to your retrieval code.
I used the application to upload the file to the database. And using the application I am able to download the same file in the compatible format. So I don't think something is wrong with the DB.
The code I have posted here,is not retrieving it in a compatible format.
Ramya_suresh wrote:Has anyone you know used the application you used to upload Excel files to an Oracle DB and then been able to retrieve them? Everything about this is an unknown as far as I can see. There is no one thing that I can put my finger on and say: hey, fix this and you'll be good. From what you have said so far, the problem could be almost any where.
I uploaded the file using the application. I have not coded to upload the file to the db. I have written code only for retrieval of the file from the DB and I have published it here.
And regarding the database,it is oracle
And I used the following query to find the BLOB data that is uploaded in the DB.
Select d.REGION, d.BLOBCONTENT, d.FILENAME from document d, document_link dl where upper(d.filename) like '%.XLS%' and d.DOCID = dl.DOCID and d.REGION = dl.REGION ;
Edited by: Ramya_suresh on Aug 17, 2008 6:53 AM