8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2008 10:02 AM by 843785 RSS

Too Many Files Open Error

I have a program that contain process a big text file and generates almost 1000 files from this big file.The programs run well on Windows (LapTop 1GB RAM)..but on Linux, just after generating 100 or less files, it gives error of Too many files open (not the same machine as for Windows)...

Need some guidance please

Thanks in Advance
        • 1. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
          Try searching the internet first before posting:
          [http://www.patoche.org/LTT/kernel/00000128.html]
          • 2. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
            I searched for it...then I posted it...

and also its not sure I would get the same pages as you would because its not sure which words I use for searching...thanks however...
            • 3. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
              kimskams wrote:
              I searched for it...then I posted it...
              And you did not find anything useful? I can't imagine that!
              and also its not sure I would get the same pages as you would because its not sure which words I use for searching...thanks however...
              Using Google, Yahoo (or whatever popular search engine) for "Too Many Files Open Error", regardless in which country you are, will surely give you the solution in thousands of pages.

Anyway, you're welcome.
              • 4. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
                If I will find something useful..why I will post here...man..I know lot of ppl like you on this forum ...they just want to have a Noble Prize for some kinda help...

I searched with the same strings as you (as it is common for java errors/exceptions).....
                Lot I got in response...but of course nothing helped me ..even the link you sent me.. i need to check yet..but I just said Thanks because I knew nothing more I can get from you but ..........
                • 5. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
                  kimskams wrote:
                  If I will find something useful..why I will post here...man..I know lot of ppl like you on this forum ...they just want to have a Noble Prize for some kinda help...
                  Ah, you're just a silly generalizing doofus.
                  I searched with the same strings as you (as it is common for java errors/exceptions).....
                  Lot I got in response...but of course nothing helped me ..even the link you sent me.. i need to check yet..but I just said Thanks because I knew nothing more I can get from you but ..........
                  I can't understand half of what you write.
                  If you really did search (which I don't believe, at least not thorough enough), you should have included that information in your original post. Everyone answering questions here, will assume, after reading your original post, that you did not do any research before posting your question.
                  • 6. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
                    kimskams wrote:
                    No, you need to be taken away from a computer.
                    • 7. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
                      kimskams wrote:
                      I have a program that contain process a big text file and generates almost 1000 files from this big file.The programs run well on Windows (LapTop 1GB RAM)..but on Linux, just after generating 100 or less files, it gives error of Too many files open (not the same machine as for Windows)...

Thanks in Advance
                      Guidance: Don't have as many open files.
                      • 8. Re: Too Many Files Open Error
                        In reply of:No, you need to be taken away from a computer.

And you from this world ha ha ha