4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2007 7:43 AM by 807600 RSS

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Well I found the dreaded java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError problem on my computer few days ago.
      The test.java just prints hello world to screen, it compiles and runs fine with JCreator (IDE which I use to learn java)... when I tried to use command prompt to execute it just comes up with the error...

I've read about reseting classpath and all but I didn't work, I just copied the classpath from JCreator settings and it doesn't seem to work either...

Any ideas on how to solve this?
      Thanks
      C:\Temp>javac test.java
      C:\Temp>java test
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: test

C:\Temp>set
      Classpath=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\
      \jdk1.5.0_11\lib\dt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\lib\tools.jar;C:\P
      am Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5
      1\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\ext\s
      e_provider.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar

Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program File
      mmon Files\Adobe\AGL;C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\;C:\WI
      S\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin