6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2007 6:32 AM by 807599 RSS

Pointing to the application directory

I'm been using this (LeaveApp) folder for development. Now I want to point to this folder which is in c:\LeaveApp. How to do it?
      Please show the guideline or url if you know it. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Pointing to the application directory
          Sorry but you are going to have to be a lot more specific. What exacyly are you trying to do? Do you want to open a command prompt and move to that folder, do you want to access code in that folder from your application, etc?
          • 2. Re: Pointing to the application directory
            I want to run my jsp file in specific folder. How to do it??
            • 3. Re: Pointing to the application directory
              You have a web/application server running in your computer.
              And you would like this jsp file accessible from other computers ?
              • 4. Re: Pointing to the application directory
                no, It's just running in localhost but I want it to be in specific folder(C:\LeaveApp) but not in ROOT folder. Too many application in ROOT folder so I try to put it in c:\LeaveApp folder. can it be done? do i need to set something inside WEB.XML or SERVER.XML files.
                • 5. Re: Pointing to the application directory
                  Herko_ter_Horst
                  You know you can deploy more than just the ROOT webapp, right (assuming you're talking about the ROOT webapp that comes with Tomcat)?

The proper way to create a redistributable webapp is to create the complete folder structure as it would appear in ROOT, with just the files from your app, and then zip them up in a war file (you can use WinZip or the Java jar tool to create the war file, just name the file .war instead of .zip or .jar.

So imagine you have a directory layout like this:
                  ../myapp/*.jsp
                  ../myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
                  ../myapp/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
                  ../myapp/WEB-INF/classes/....
                  You should then zip up the contents of the myapp folder (the myapp folder itself should NOT be in the zip) and call the file myapp.war. Then when you deploy it (for example by placing it in the webapps directory of a Tomcat installation), it will be available on the server as (for example) http://localhost:8080/myapp/ (the name is derived from the name of war file by default).
                  • 6. Re: Pointing to the application directory
                    Hi,

can you teach me how to use the http://localhost/manager/html for CONTEXT PATH upload to my local machine. Appreciate if you can help.

Message was edited by:
                    wesleygch