8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2010 12:55 PM by 843798 RSS

sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate

I have downloaded jre6 update 21 and i have tried to install it silently via an unattended windows 7 (Setup.exe /qr IEXPLORER=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 WEBSTARTICON=0 SYSTRAY=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0), while it was installing, it prompts me with the following message:
      Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed? i jave clicked on view certificate, it gives me sjremetrics.java.com.
      Please how can i prevent this popu up silently?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
          Exactly same issue here! and only happens once per windows 7 installation.
          Once this error popped up, it never reappears. Until a fresh Win7 install.

This is the problem by deploying java 6u21 unattended. It never works!

When i try to manually access the CRL;
          http://SVRC3SecureSunMicrosystems-MPKI-crl.verisign.com/SunMicrosystemsIncClassBUnified/LatestCRLSrv.crl
          I do get the CRL.

what to do?

Thanks

Edited by: Sandrk on Jul 26, 2010 7:21 AM
          • 2. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
            Thank you for reporting the issue. I have opened a bug report to track this issue:

http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6972324

It will take a day or 2 for the bug to show up in the external bug DB.

--RY                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
            • 3. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
              @RogerYeung thanks for registring this problem.
              I''ll give more detailed info on what happens;

My plan is to install java as part of an unattended Windows 7 installation.
              The tool I use to do that is SCCM 2007 R2 (ConfigMgr). In WinPE a task sequence is run which installs all components (os, sccm client agent, then jre)
              I made a package from the java setup i tried several setup parameters, all with the same result (more on that later)
              jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL SYSTRAY=0 EULA=0 IEXPLORER=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 JU=0 REBOOT=ReallySupress

The reason why i (try to) disable the java update is twofold;
              - Users don't have the rights to install software anyway
              - Our software updates are centrally managed

When the tasksequence tries to install the java component. it "hangs". in the form that the computer is responsive, like normal, but the installation doesnt make any progress.
              the SCCM logging shows (press F8 when it says it installs java, then in c:\windows\system32\ccm\logs\smstsLog\smsts.log):

Waiting for installation job to complete..
              Waiting for job status notification...
              Launching command shell.
              Windows station: WinSta0
              Desktop: Default
              executing command: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /k
              executed command: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /k
              Waiting for job stat.... <this goes on forever>

Clearly the jre install tries to show a popup (which is "shown" to the hidden WinSta0 desktop)
              the java_install and java_install_reg logs dont show any problem.

When I disable the java install in the task sequence, the system installs nicely without any problem.
              after the windows 7 installation (with other default applications) is finnished i log in with my admin credentials
              and run the unattended install commandline ( see above) to install java. this one gives the popup about the CRL

I think this hidden message the setup tries to show is the CRL warning. i cant find a way to get rid of that warning.

cheers
              Sandrk
              • 4. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
                I found a "workaround"' to make it work (for me)

first i need to get this out of the way;
                Launching command shell.
                Windows station: WinSta0
                Desktop: Default
                executing command: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /k
                executed command: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /k

This was caused by myself, pressing F8 ( to get in debug mode while the SCCM TaskSequence is running ) loaded the cmd into WinSta0

I started the execuable without any parameters, and while showing the welcome screen, i grabbed a msi and cab file from a temp directory;
                I ran it on XP;
                C:\Documents and Settings\Sanderk\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_21\
                for vista/7 it will be something like;
                C:\Users\Sandrk\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_21\

then loaded the new files into SCCM and updates the commandline to:
                jre1.6.0_21.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL SYSTRAY=0 EULA=0 IEXPLORER=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 JU=0 REBOOT=ReallySupress

Ran the install aghain and it worked! my 4 days of pain are over.

cheers
                • 5. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
                  Thanks for the additional info and workaround. I have included them in the bug report also.

-- RY
                  • 6. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
                    Hello, I have been suffering this message for several weeks. So annoying. Toyed with a number of security settings with no result. Then suddenly the light bulb went on! This popup began to appear at about the time I downloaded AOL's free version of McAfee. When I uninstalled that, and restarted the computer the error message disappeared. I am so happy now. Hope this is some help to you.

Jackie, Windows7, ie8
                    • 7. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
                      Hello, it's Jackie again, sorry I spoke too soon! The revocation message is still here. Hope someone finds a cure.
                      • 8. Re: sjremetrics.java.com Revocation information for the security certificate
                        We have found that if a computer's system time is not set correctly, the failure can be seen. In our test case the machine had the time/date set to some time/date into the future.
                        Could that be the case here?

Also, we have found that a using a proxy server, in some cases, may cause this to occur. We were told that changing to a proxy server that had different security settings resolved the issue. We were not told any future details about those settings. Are your machines connecting through a proxy server? If so we would like to understand what the settings that are used as we have not been able to been able to reproduce this internally. You can send mail directly to roger dot lewis at oracle dot com, related to this issue.

-Roger